Football: Windows of missed opportunities

3 hours ago, baxus said:

Would you rather have men's or women's March Madness numbers?

Depends on how you want to look at it. If you're running an ad it would actually be better to do so during the NCAA women's championship.

But overall the point remains, women's sports are gaining more traction and that's often times without them getting equal airtime. And to say no one cares is just ridiculous. We celebrate our team here and most of the players are household names. 

While we're on topic of men's vs women's basketball, currently Women's Eurobasket is ongoing and I've watched Serbia's game against Hungary. The difference in the level of quality is staggering. Serbia's point guard was being praised for 4/12 FGs made. Come on, Russell Westbrook would be embarrassed about that.

Maybe Serbia just sucks. Our ladies kicked your asses last time they played. :P 

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe Serbia just sucks. Our ladies kicked your asses last time they played. :P 

Serbia's won Women's Eurobasket and an Olympic bronze in recent years, so it's fair to say they don't suck. At least when compared to other women playing basketball. ;) 

24 minutes ago, Raja said:

Going to be very difficult to compete against City

Hope we've got some alternatives lined up

He ain't going there.

But if he does it will be our own fault for dithering.

Edited by Spockydog

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Kal Phillips on his way out again?

Rice is sorta similar player, no?

We'll have to wait and see what bid City puts in. Phillips has said that he intends to stay at City.

https://twitter.com/City_Zone_/status/1671190070097854465

Edited by Consigliere

I mean, I can see him not wanting to go to West Ham as part of a package or something, but Rice's arrival would certainly further limit his prospects. So if likesay Arsenal switched targets and instead decided to drop 40-50m on him instead of 100m on Rice...

There might be a place for him. Rodri is simply a better footballer so Phillips is always going to be his backup. Rice is equally good (arguably better) as a box-to-boxer and that's the role I see Guardiola using him in. There's also been reports that Saudi Arabia have made an offer to Bernardo Silva which he is considering.

Edited by Consigliere

15 hours ago, polishgenius said:

A midfield of Tonali, Bruno G and potentially Szoboszlai would be fucking frightening. 

Don't forget Joelinton, he has been a fucking beast for us, his Brazil call up was well deserved. I still think we need back up for Wilson and Isak, and another wide player if Howe doesn't fancy ASM.  

5 hours ago, baxus said:

Serbia's won Women's Eurobasket and an Olympic bronze in recent years, so it's fair to say they don't suck. At least when compared to other women playing basketball. ;) 

It was just a joke, which is funny considering recently two Jokers put you guys on top of the sports world.