Football: Windows of missed opportunities

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/transfer-news/sandro-tonali-transfer-newcastle-milan-30312293

This doesn't bode well for a successful transition. Reminds me of when Emerson was driving into Boro and his wife burst into tears when she saw the state of the place, with the smog and the woolly backed bogtrotters with their badly spelled tattoo's. 

Rumour mill

Gvardiol to Guardiola... rumoredly at least. City have apparently reached an agreement with the player, now they have to reach one with Red Bull. 

Talking about the marketing department of the caffeinated soft drink producer. Liverpool's Carvalho is about to go there rumoredly they are about to reach an agreement with LFC.

Also Hernandez to PSG is starting to materialize. Overall this has to go down as one of the dumber things of the Brazzo era. They refused to meet Alaba's wage demands and he departed on a free to Real (fair enough), then they turned around and paid big wages and the 80m transfer fee for Herrnandez instead, making the package way more expensive than Alaba would have been, and they ended up with a clear downgrade.

They are also linked to Napoli's Kim (like United), and to City's Walker. The latter as a potential replacement for Pavard.

Kim Jae Min is headed to Bayern. I don't think United have any chance of signing him. The only threat Bayern face would be if City decide to move for him instead of Gvardiol. I'm surprised that there isn't stronger interest in Pavard though.

I doubt it. Kane would be the most expensive solution (fee + wages) among the four CF they are linked to (Osimhen, Vlahovic, Kolo Muani and Kane). And he is also the oldest of them. So the combination of price + age will make tthem think twice.

If I were to make a guess, I think they'll go for Vlahovic. Juve need to sell (no CL), he wants to leave (no CL). Spurs are not that desperate to sell. Kolo Muani and Osimen are the less proven options. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Spurs are not that desperate to sell.

I mean, 50/50. They'd be happy to keep him, but they'd rather lose him for a fee to another league than see him at a direct rival on a free in 12 months. 

They're also pretty much directly in competition with United on all three (because Osimhen isn't moving), but that undercut they would have on Kane gives them the advantage there that they wouldn't on the other two. 

Edited by polishgenius

I think Osimhen will be moving. PSG or La Liga are the rumored destinations of choice for him.

Anyway, as far as I can tell their problems for those targets are:

Kolo Muani: Price Tag Frankfurt rumoredly insist on a 100m € deal. That's a number they are (right now) not prepared to pay.

Osimhen: Not interested (check above). He doesn't want to play in the Bundesliga again. Napoli also try to extend.

Kane: Price of the overall package + age. Bayern won't fork over 100m € in fee (check Kolo Muani). They think they can negotiate significant discount on what Spurs want. So let's see how willing to negotiate Levy is... 

That leaves Vlahovic. 

There were/rumours linking Osimhen and Kolo Muani to PSG. They might be willing to pay crazy money in some shape or form. And they could toss in 1-2 youngsters/academy products to sweeten the deal for Frankfurt, so that they'd get a discount. Not sure Bayernn has that many interesting prospects fo Frankfurt.

6 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I think Osimhen will be moving. PSG or La Liga are the rumored destinations of choice for him.

Osimhen's been rumoured to join just about everyone, but all of those rumours seem to be based purely on the premise that Napoli are a little club, he must want to leave. But there's been no clear indication that he actually does, no actual approach or even concrete rumour of an approach by anyone (I think), and Napoli have historically been really good at keeping their players. They're already losing Kim, it's gonna be hard to persuade them to give up anyone else in one summer. 

I don't see Osimhen leaving in this window. De Laurentiis makes Levy look downright reasonable and Di Marzio reported that he will not entertain any offers below €150m. De Laurentiis also mentioned in an interview recently that Napoli have broadly agreed a 2-year extension with Osimhem.

I think Vlahovic is still the most likely for Bayern. He's a more proven goal scorer than Kolo Muani and will cost the least of the possible options (around €70m reportedly). 

Kane is the only one of the options who is proven world class though. He'd be a perfect replacement for Lewandowski. I suppose this transfer would depend on how much say Tuchel has with transfers. I could see him prioritising Kane but cost+age might give Bayern's board pause.

I'm actually surprised that Real Madrid aren't also pushing for Kane. Perhaps clubs are confident that he will not renew his contract and will be available on a free in 2024. Clubs outside the PL can sign a pre-contract with him in January.

18 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Considering its been a 'done deal' for ages, getting Tonali over the line is taking its time. 

He’s at the under 21 tournament. They probably can’t actually get him to sign until it’s/he’s finished.

Not really cheap for 29 yo in his final year of contract. 

If they think they can get 100m* or something they are deluded. Age is a significant factor in calculating fees. Hi resale value is just lower than for 26 y.o.

*Excluding improbable landmark bonus payments. CL title, ballon d'or, 100 league goals.