Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

31 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

I assume you’re supposed to do the torment version of the dungeons? I went back to nightmare to do one but it felt lame. I’d prefer to stay in torment but that means I guess doing at minimum level 21+ content. What’s the best place to start getting those? Tree of whispers in torment diff?

Yeah, once you're in torment it's better to stay there as the XP buff is really good.

When I first made it to Torment, I did a few helltide zones until I got a couple of upgrades, then did regular dungeons until I was nearer 70, before starting Nightmare dungeons. One thing I found quite good was just running regular Blind Burrows over and over (complete it > leave dungeon > log out > go back in and run again > repeat.) It's one of the better dungeons for XP per hour.

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

can you link the patch notes? (cuz im lazy and have a fever) thank youuu

Nothing major on the class front, but some nice XP changes-

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Edited by Soylent Brown

Experience Rewards

Significantly increased the experience awarded for completing Nightmare Dungeons.
Significantly increased the experience gained from killing monsters in Nightmare Dungeons.
Helltide chests now provide substantially more bonus experience when opened.
Significantly increased rewarded experience from completing individual Whispers across the board.
Fixed an issue where no experience was awarded for completing the hold out style event that can occur after finishing dungeon objectives.

General

The Helltide Roaming bosses will now more consistently drop higher quality loot.
Players can now teleport to their Nightmare Dungeon directly through the map.
Weekly bonus caches from world bosses no longer have a level requirement for opening.

Developer's Note: We are currently working on increasing the monster and elite density of end-game content and plan to introduce this change early in Season 1.

Managed to get a sacred Raiment of the Infinite to drop last night at level 60 and now feeling pretty decent about my gear for my level. My build is super solid and now just need to push the paragon board for that incremental dps/survivability and incrementally add more mana reduction (this will come in Torment when I can get resource reduction stats). When I teleport into a mob, drop a frost nova and light into them with ice shards, everything dies in a second. It’s fun.

Edited by Mexal

Do whispering chests actually have some some special bonus to drop?  I've done a dozen so far and I dont think I've seen more then a couple rare.  About the same amount as drop at my level from a typical open world mini-event completion.  The cost of the key isnt that bad, but just seems like I am missing something. 

13 minutes ago, horangi said:

Do whispering chests actually have some some special bonus to drop?  I've done a dozen so far and I dont think I've seen more then a couple rare.  About the same amount as drop at my level from a typical open world mini-event completion.  The cost of the key isnt that bad, but just seems like I am missing something. 

Yeah pretty crap in terms of loot. Better off farming helltide 

Got my natural Thorns over 4k, with another 6.5kish added when Berserking. Got my fourth Overpower Unique, zero Razorplates.

Come on bb, put some sugar on it.

edit: and I actually died, in a 37 Nightmare dungeon-- freeze fuckers with tons of wasps. If I can get that godamn Chest I can start using some of the gear and Aspects I've been saving to go Uber Gostyata.

Edited by JGP

48 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I just met Lyndon in Backwater.  Completely caught me by surprise.  Makes me wonder if the other D3 companions are in here somewhere.

Liked how they made him quite a bit older too. Same scoundrel though lol

Edited by JGP

2 hours ago, JGP said:

Did Rum get you, Ty? Just finished supper, I can help out.

No, but it's cool. We ran some nightmare dungeons after getting completely destroyed by the boss. Our crew was four people mid 50's to low 60's and it just wasn't close to enough. 

I did get the key werewolf armor though so the night wasn't a complete waste. However I need the damn helm more than anything. 

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No, but it's cool. We ran some nightmare dungeons after getting completely destroyed by the boss. Our crew was four people mid 50's to low 60's and it just wasn't close to enough. 

I did get the key werewolf armor though so the night wasn't a complete waste. However I need the damn helm more than anything. 

Nice, yo. Least someone is getting their shit. :)

I got the werebear helm which is nice. It’s turned my bear into a hybrid who can do range and melee because I switched out maul for earth spike. Much easier time on Helltides now but single target damage is still weak although improved. 

I've played a decent amount since the very nice exp-boosting patch. Levelling up my Glyphs is a lot more fun now that my paragon board is expanding much faster in Sigil dungeons. I am hunting for that damn helm as well! Near 80 now and unseen yet. Maul definitely doesn't feel great.

I've been hoarding random well-rolled ancients just in case the werewolf caster hat stunningly drops, or perhaps a Shred build that I hear is lots of fun. The patch definitely made me want to push this character a bit more before seasons.

So, bit of insomnia going on, been doing some research that I probably should've done earlier but it's how I do. 

Anyway, there are like 16 to 20 named super rares. They all drop one item, specific to them [I'll link below] now, they only have 3 stats instead of four, but. BUT. Super cheap to enchant [do it before you Aspect] and you start farming these guys for whichever item you're looking their ilvls can be super twinky. Like, just for shits and giggles I just tried farming the dude that drops a 2H sword. 3 kills in about 20 minutes, but the Ancestral I got, 831 ilvl. Once Aspected and fully upgraded, almost 300 dps more than my 817. You can hit upwards of 840.

Some of them are definitely class/spec specific, so check the list out here.

Edited by JGP

So I just found out that you can rotate paragon boards. Damn, I wish I knew that earlier.

I’m on to Tier 4 with my Sorcerer. Elias killed me a few times but I got by him at level 63. Torment is a hell of a lot harder than other tiers obviously, which works as I was starting to feel myself getting bored. Still have to start a Rogue too.

On 6/27/2023 at 8:04 PM, Ser Not Appearing said:

Level 66 and decided I would try Echo of Lilith.

I... might need to level some more.

I posted a video of this fight on Reddit and framed it as if I beat Lilith. It's proven quite the popular rug-pull and I snicker every time somebody a new comments on it