MCU - This Thread Wasn’t Made For You

DaveSumm

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Final Marvels trailer, in which they try to imply that this is some kind of Endgame sequel. Pretty desperate stuff.

Completely different tone from the other trailers. They've gone from buddy film to end of the world with the snap of Tony's fingers.

Also, Reddit is all a buzz about the person passing in from of Monica at the end. Apparently, the lower right of the monitor looks like an X-Men logo. Surely they're not introducing Mutants here in this already crowded film? 

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

Completely different tone from the other trailers. They've gone from buddy film to end of the world with the snap of Tony's fingers.

Also, Reddit is all a buzz about the person passing in from of Monica at the end. Apparently, the lower right of the monitor looks like an X-Men logo. Surely they're not introducing Mutants here in this already crowded film? 

Well, remember that at the end of Miss Marvel it was revealed that Kamala was a mutant.

There was much speculation last week about the post credit scene being a cameo from 

Spoiler

Kelsey Grammar as Beast.  (He was the OG Beast in the FoX-Men.)

Speculation being that he was showing up to recruit Kamala to Xavier Institute.

19 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Well, remember that at the end of Miss Marvel it was revealed that Kamala was a mutant.

There was much speculation last week about the post credit scene being a cameo from 

Hide contents

Kelsey Grammar as Beast.  (He was the OG Beast in the FoX-Men.)

Speculation being that he was showing up to recruit Kamala to Xavier Institute.

I hope that speculation is wrong.... I'd rather see a clean slate moving forward than clinging to past casting.

2 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

I hope that speculation is wrong.... I'd rather see a clean slate moving forward than clinging to past casting.

Don't watch Deadpool 3 then.  :lol: 

7 hours ago, Myrddin said:

So weird, theyve almost completely removed the Pakistani girl from this trailer compared to their previous ones, did she test badly with their focus groups ?

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Don't watch Deadpool 3 then.  :lol: 

Granted, Deadpool is kind of its own thing anyway. I am curious how they're going to pull Reynolds' iteration of Deadpool into the MCU. Mutliverse hand waving or have him just fourth wall his way through it. 

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'll see your "Yikes!" and raise you an "Oof!"

Wow!

That is one of the most exasperated and depressing reviews I’ve ever seen. This movie looks to be the utter disaster everyone suspected

But at least the Guardian has given it 3 stars. Wonder why?

I did enjoy it and the comedic chemistry between the leads.

Most fights were a bit underwhelming though.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, Myrddin said:

Spoiler

Monica ends up in the X Men universe with Kelsey Grammer Beast on screen and Charles being mentioned. A giant X Men logo door is also there.

9 minutes ago, JGP said:

There's been more than few Marvel misses of late [sadface]

The girls insisted I get tickets for this weekend, will report back. 

Take this with a grain of salt as I have enjoyed all Marvel movies at least a bit but I would say it is a step up from Ant Man 3/Thor 4. Far from the pure joy of GotG 3 or No Way Home though.

Expect mostly chair bound/slowly walking Jackson though.

Edited by Luzifer's right hand

1 hour ago, JGP said:

There's been more than few Marvel misses of late [sadface]

The girls insisted I get tickets for this weekend, will report back. 

I decided to look up what happened in the post credit scene, because I'm beyond caring about MCU spoilers. You guys are in for a treat!

And don't think I've forgotten...