Football - Trouncing Matilda's.

BigFatCoward

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Not quite sure how Tomiyasu got sent off and Jordan Ayew is still on the park. 

Home team vs away team. This yellow card for arbitrary slow throw ins is going to ruin so many games.

Edited by Mexal

I also don't think it's true, but I could see it working. He's basically Antonio but actually a striker; no particular reason he couldn't work under Moyes with a bit of confidence-building. Admittedly that last part is a gamble, Moyes isn't the best in that respect if confidence is already down, but that tends to manifest itself more with whole-team morale when results slump. 

They're also supposedly back in for El-Nesyri- that would make even more sense because he's exactly the Antonio replacement they'd want but I can't really see why he would (I mean, they could offer him enough money, but he's already turned them down once afaik). 

It wasn’t a second yellow but, to be fair, I can see why he’s given it. It did really look like one of those challenges where the defender gets rolled and pulls back the attacker, Tomiyasu just hadn’t actually done it. That’s the kind of situation where VAR would actually be useful.

ETA: On the plus side for Arsenal Coote could easily have given the penalty for that Partey challenge on Eze in the second half and I don't think VAR would have been overturning that.

Edited by ljkeane

15 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

It wasn’t a second yellow but, to be fair, I can see why he’s given it. It did really look like one of those challenges where the defender gets rolled and pulls back the attacker, Tomiyasu just hadn’t actually done it. That’s the kind of situation where VAR would actually be useful.

ETA: On the plus side for Arsenal Coote could easily have given the penalty for that Partey challenge on Eze in the second half and I don't think VAR would have been overturning that.

First booking was for taking 8s to throw in the ball. Some epic time wasting right there. They were both shit cards.

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

if we're at a point where something looking like a foul gets someone sent off makes no sense to me

He's not looking at a replay. Tomiyasu sort of gets tangled up with Ayew, gets rolled and Ayew goes down. It's a mistake but mistakes happen sometimes and it wasn't a massively unreasonable one. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

wasn't even close to a penalty eithe

I mean, Partey hangs a leg out there's contact and Eze goes down. That's pretty close to being a penalty. Eze was looking to go down but if Coote gives it that's definitely not getting overturned.

It sent a player off for 30 minutes of the game, where we have something where you can take one look and see that that is not what happened. It's unreasonable when you can do that in the game - the second yellow rule should be changed in errors like that - you know, make use of the technology that you've rolled out in the league

as for the penalty - whatever really if you think that's a penalty :dunno: - i'll agree to disagree on that

Edited by Raja

At least Roy can say he can understand why people are unhappy at those yellows - because they're pretty terrible

I don't think PGMOL have done anything to improve the game this last two seasons, really.

Edited by Raja