Resistance is Futile - H&M Part 5

Fragile Bird

Correction from the previous thread—Megan made news for cameoing in someone else’s Instagram.

Anyway this video debunking Body language  is pretty interesting;

Repeated subjects to the pseudo-science are royalists pissed at megan and Harry injecting and every movement they take with malicious intent.

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Hate to break Varys' broken record but it seems that actually the British public now hate Andrew more than anyone else, and worse for Harry, he is now below his own wife in terms of popularity! I guess all those interviews he did really backfired.

https://yougov.co.uk/ratings/politics/popularity/royalty/all

13% is a remarkably high rating for Prince Andrew.

The frozen todger probably did not enhance Harry's popularity.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to believe that rich, entitled, titled, dishonest, hypocrites would be disliked for their unsavory, dishonest, hypocritical actions and their career of complaining about their families.  At this point, the idea that the only reason to dislike Meghan is because she is biracial is just silly.

17 minutes ago, SeanF said:

The frozen todger probably did not enhance Harry's popularity.

Harry's downfall has been pretty remarkable actually. He used to be held up as the future of the royal family, loved by the British public because he was a 'bit of a lad' with a sense of humour and was far more relatable than boring old William. Then he married a Hollywood celeb, moved to LA and started his 'woe is me' pity tour. 

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Harry's downfall has been pretty remarkable actually. He used to be held up as the future of the royal family, loved by the British public because he was a 'bit of a lad' with a sense of humour and was far more relatable than boring old William. Then he married a Hollywood celeb, moved to LA and started his 'woe is me' pity tour. 

The RF PR is criminally underrated.  They successfully fashioned his image, using his 'rebellious' nature, to create the just a lad Harry who was second in popularity only to the queen.  Now that he freed himself from this evil, its easy to see that he was always a dumb, petulant arrogant jerk with zero self awareness.  

35 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

At this point, the idea that the only reason to dislike Meghan is because she is biracial is just silly.

Which has never been said - don't let it stop you from beating that strawman into oblivion.

I'll restate that the over the top vitriol is exacerbated and accepted due to misogynoir. That's inarguable. Which is, of course, why some of the more obsessive here feel the need to assuage guilty conscience via gaslighting and strawmen.

If only we could harness the feckless rage in this thread to generate clean energy -- we could really be on to something.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Netflix won't renew their contract which is up in 2025.  You heard it here first.

Yeah sure. And then they’ll come crawling back. Keep reaching for that rainbow. 

45 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’ve heard some of this commentary before. “He’s not the guy he used to be.” Or some such.

Are people genuinely this stupid? Like seriously. He’s a going-on-forty husband and father of two, and people are non-plussed because he doesn’t carry on like he did when he was 18? 

They’re well rid of that place.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah sure. And then they’ll come crawling back. Keep reaching for that rainbow. 

I’ve heard some of this commentary before. “He’s not the guy he used to be.” Or some such.

Are people genuinely this stupid? Like seriously. He’s a going-on-forty husband and father of two, and people are non-plussed because he doesn’t carry on like he did when he was 18? 

They’re well rid of that place.

You missed my point.  He was never that guy, the 'just a lad' was all PR.  He was always this guy that we see now...resentful, thin skinned, arrogant, hypocrite.  Harry hasn't changed.  He drew back the curtain to show us what used to be carefully hidden by his family's PR machine.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

You missed my point.  He was never that guy, the 'just a lad' was all PR.  He was always this guy that we see now...resentful, thin skinned, arrogant, hypocrite.  Harry hasn't changed.  He drew back the curtain to show us what used to be carefully hidden by his family's PR machine.

In the end, not many empathise with titled multi millionaires complaining of their lot.

15 minutes ago, SeanF said:

In the end, not many empathise with titled multi millionaires complaining of their lot.

The thing that is so inexplicable is that they could have left as working royals, gotten all the positives without the negatives if they had taken Michelle Obama's 'high road'.  Just say that H was never comfortable with the media spotlight and M showed him a way out, M would simply say that losing her voice and control over her own image was more difficult than she thought and was affecting her mental health.  They thought they could create a hybrid, but ultimately decided to forge their own path.  Who would disagree with that?  

16 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Yeah, but the audience is there primarily for the complaints.  I'm skeptical you'll get nearly as many eyeballs and clicks for a documentary about wounded vets.  Hence the catch-22. 

Megan at least has a profession.  Harry put his profession as "Prince of the United Kingdom" on his son's birth certificate.  That's not a job but rather an admission of never needing one.  

A lot of what has happened now is also because they stretched themselves too thin.  A memoir, a children's book, deals with Spotify and Netflix, interviews, charity gigs.  There was a real sense they wanted to earn generational wealth to be fully financially independent and were painfully aware their marketability would decline over time.   

They couldn't fulfill their commitments or do the work to earn respect from those around them.  At least, with Harry's memoir, it is exceptionally well-written and does an outstanding job of making his case to the world.  Haven't watched any of the rest of their products, but I think that the book is the exception not the norm and that's the root of the problem. 

I'll tell you one thing that I think Harry and Megan can do that would work.  A Diana documentary.  There are many out there, but particularly with Harry's skepticism about Diana's death, I think it would be absolutely gripping viewing assuming he actually rigorously engages with the debate and allows himself to accept he may be mistaken.  

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The thing that is so inexplicable is that they could have left as working royals, gotten all the positives without the negatives if they had taken Michelle Obama's 'high road'.  Just say that H was never comfortable with the media spotlight and M showed him a way out, M would simply say that losing her voice and control over her own image was more difficult than she thought and was affecting her mental health.  They thought they could create a hybrid, but ultimately decided to forge their own path.  Who would disagree with that?  

Have you never seen this scene, mate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrag8ll85w

8 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

You missed the point. The extent to which his “laddish” behaviour was genuine or an invention of palace PR* is irrelevant. There are clowns in that country who, “want their Harry back”. Lame. 

*remember when Harry said the palace was serving him and his wife up to the press and they called him a liar? Good times. 

8 hours ago, SeanF said:

Jeremy Clarkson likely has much more money than Harry. He doesn’t have the title but if he was ever offered a “Sir”, he’d be in there like a hobo on a ham sandwich and no one would bat an eye. 

When Harry was in Afghanistan living on a desolate plateau and being hunted by Taliban, Clarksons job was being a millionaire who drove cars like an idiot on TV. That is, when he wasn’t slapping underlings for offering him a sandwich instead of steak and potatoes (after a hard day at work driving cars like an idiot).

Yet, when he has repeatedly gotten into hot water, the fucking swords fly from their scabbards to protect him. Last year he experienced about 1/10th of the the abuse of the woman he was attacking in the press and there were cries for the mob to leave him alone. 

There’s more going on here than just privilege. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?