Resistance is Futile - H&M Part 5

Fragile Bird

I'm hard pressed to come up with even half a dozen racist articles/incidents of abuse relating to Meghan, let alone dozens or enough to confidently claim that dislike of her is largely/mostly due to her being biracial or even that she somehow faced more/worse negativity than other famous people.

There was the straight outa compton headline.  There was the Labour radio dude who tweeted the photo of the circus monkey.  There was the whomever said whatever in the RF that H now says wasn't racist about their children(s) color.  There is the new incident of the ex cops and whatever they said which we don't know.  I vaguely remember some C lister had tweeted something racist about Meg when they got engaged.  

From these thin scraps they built a successful narrative that the British tabloids were so racist that they had to flee the UK for their mental and physical safety and even now, when it is finally acceptable to not like the two grifters, it is almost always mentioned that oh yes, but of course, what they went through with the racist tabloids was terrible, blah blah. 

24 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm hard pressed to come up with even half a dozen racist articles/incidents of abuse relating to Meghan, let alone dozens or enough to confidently claim that dislike of her is largely/mostly due to her being biracial or even that she somehow faced more/worse negativity than other famous people.

There was the straight outa compton headline.  There was the Labour radio dude who tweeted the photo of the circus monkey.  There was the whomever said whatever in the RF that H now says wasn't racist about their children(s) color

Every single one of these incidents were also completely ridiculous to hold up as evidence of racism. It’s not just weak sauce, it’s watery gravy. 

If you close your eyes, don't do a even a fairly half serious search, you don't see, do you?  Not to mention not bothering to notice coz it isn't about YOU, and YOU don't care, or maybe YOU even agree, so no big deal and immediately forgotten it exists/existed. :rofl:

Edited by Zorral

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

The first half is still not what's being said and the second is not a relevant or stated metric by anyone either. I'd tell you to keep thinking about it but you're rewording the same statements to fit your view rather than actually considering words and ideas that you disagree with.

There was the straight outa compton headline.  There was the Labour radio dude who tweeted the photo of the circus monkey.  There was the whomever said whatever in the RF that H now says wasn't racist about their children(s) color.  There is the new incident of the ex cops and whatever they said which we don't know.  I vaguely remember some C lister had tweeted something racist about Meg when they got engaged.  

I applaud you on your research plumbing the depths of your memory. 

From these thin scraps they built a successful narrative that the British tabloids were so racist that they had to flee the UK for their mental and physical safety and even now, when it is finally acceptable to not like the two grifters, it is almost always mentioned that oh yes, but of course, what they went through with the racist tabloids was terrible, blah blah. 

Abusive. Where, again, race is absolutely a exacerbating factor. Your inability to see or even acknowledge is notable.

I googled 'list of racist articles about Meghan Markle' but lo and behold, no list came up.  It was just articles that took the idea of tabloid coverage being racist as a starting point.  I did neglect to mention that Meghan thought the Vanity Fair 'She's just wild about Harry' headline was racist.....

You know what they say, when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

3 hours ago, Week said:

Which has never been said - don't let it stop you from beating that strawman into oblivion.

I'm really trying to understand what it is you are trying to object to here. Are you trying to suggest that nobody on this board, or anyone else has said that the primary motivation for the dislike for Meghan is based on her race? Are you just arguing over semantics or splitting hairs here. I'm very confused.

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I mean there is more to say about your statement but I need to lay down for a bit after this. Lol

Oh yeah, Clarkson is a regular man of the people. Amazon paid those idiots a reported £160 million for The Grand Tour. Clarkson celebrated by buying a new McLaren 675LT ($375k US msrp) to add to his already substantial car collection. Not to mention what he made (and likely continues to make) from Top Gear, Clarksons farm, and all his finger wagging in various tabloids. 

Yeah, go lie down.

1 hour ago, Week said:

Abusive. Where, again, race is absolutely a exacerbating factor. Your inability to see or even acknowledge is notable.

I'm not even sure I would call the coverage abusive.  It was certainly negative, but as Meg and Harry confirmed in their various interviews, those stories were based in fact.  It is unknowable whether race was any kind of exacerbating factor.  The fact that it's taken for granted as an absolute, instead of an opinion, is sad, but not suprising.

It's my opinion that Meghan, like other celebrities and her MIL before her, calls the paps on herself.  I understand however that this is speculation and not a proven fact.

24 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's my opinion that Meghan, like other celebrities and her MIL before her, calls the paps on herself.  I understand however that this is speculation and not a proven fact.

Oh yes, they hacked themselves! She asked to be berated and told she should be stripped nude and then marched through town while insults and veggies are lobbed at her.

How magnanimous of you to acknowledge that your insulting, baseless crank of an idea is your own speculation! 

It's a little odd that [almost] no one else is papped in Santa Barbara except for Harry and Meghan, in the same way it's odd that heads of state, A list stars and other royalty are able to come in and out of NYC without 'near catastrophic' car chases that don't result in even a ticket....

You guys are slipping though.  You've made the personal insults, per usual,  but have forgotton to mention how weird and suspect it is to post a lot in this thread or to know any details about the subjects.  

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's a little odd that [almost] no one else is papped in Santa Barbara except for Harry and Meghan, in the same way it's odd that heads of state, A list stars and other royalty are able to come in and out of NYC without 'near catastrophic' car chases that don't result in even a ticket....

You guys are slipping though.  You've made the personal insults, per usual,  but have forgotton to mention how weird and suspect it is to post a lot in this thread or to know any details about the subjects.  

I apologize for calling you magnanimous. That was an error in judgment on my part and I should not have labeled you as such.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Latest Netflix Series, ‘Heart of Invictus,’ Sets Premiere Date

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/heart-of-invictus-trailer-premiere-date-prince-harry-netflix-1235697813/

Also it seems that NF licensing of the Suits' series is paying off.  Very, very much watched.

5 hours ago, Week said:

She asked to be berated and told she should be stripped nude and then marched through town while insults and veggies are lobbed at her.

It is a bit weird that a major tabloid allowed someone to publish what’s pretty close to a sexual assault fantasy about a female celebrity whose at worse mildly annoying/unlikeable.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

2 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

It is a bit weird that a major tabloid allowed someone to publish what’s pretty close to a sexual assault fantasy about a female celebrity whose at worse mildly annoying/unlikeable.

even if she was the worst person in history, that article was an absolute disgrace.  I have no idea who or how that was signed off on. ignoring everything else, he should never work again. 

48 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I didn't personally insult you. I accurately made the read that someone who thinks the most plausible explanation is that Harry and Meghan are calling the pappers on themselves isn't thinking in a healthy way. 

I’m not saying it’s happening but it seems like it’s quite a common tactic. Amber Heard was revealed to be doing it during her trial and she’s not far off having the same personality disorders. 

On 8/17/2023 at 10:47 AM, Cas Stark said:

I don't understand why it is so difficult to believe that rich, entitled, titled, dishonest, hypocrites would be disliked for their unsavory, dishonest, hypocritical actions and their career of complaining about their families.  At this point, the idea that the only reason to dislike Meghan is because she is biracial is just silly.

On 8/17/2023 at 1:09 PM, Cas Stark said:

21 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm not even sure I would call the coverage abusive.  It was certainly negative, but as Meg and Harry confirmed in their various interviews, those stories were based in fact.  It is unknowable whether race was any kind of exacerbating factor.  The fact that it's taken for granted as an absolute, instead of an opinion, is sad, but not suprising.

Here we see the slow Strawman Creep, except it wasn't very slow at all. First those of us who disagree with you are insisting that it's only racism that's responsible for the negativity. Then, maybe it's mostly racism. Then you get to maybe race is an exacerbating factor -- which is, in fact, the common claim here. That there is a spectrum of reasons she gets such a psychotic reaction from the UK's population of traditionalists, authoritarians, and throne-sniffers, and racism is one of the reasons. The "one of several factors" argument never seemed to get any acknowledgement from you,  and then you and HoI inevitably get back to accusing everyone else of saying it's only racism, so I am glad to see you acknowledge that it could, in fact, be an exacerbating factor.

20 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I think, though, I have achieved a new understanding. These threads are a great place for you to nurse your sense of grievance and claim you're being personally attacked just because some of us think your expressed level of vitriol is out of proportion. Are you the true victim of the H&M arguments here? That's a pretty... Markle-ish take on things.