UK Politics: Tory Closing Down Sale- Everything Must Go

polishgenius

6 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

What a shock. 
Not sure what makes them think she could win a general election.

We've seen plenty on the left who think idealism in a leader is more important than winning for many years, what makes you think the right can't be just as stupid?  Their ideological position is gross, but its still what they really really believe in. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

33 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I know both Blair and Cameron were disappointments, but compared to today’s crowd aren’t they practically geniuses?

The guy who does A Week In Tory (I think) a year or so ago wrote about attending a press conference given by Tony Blair. He was amazed by hiw organised Blair was; answered French journalists in French, spoke for about an hour, anticipated questions and looped back round to them. On commentkng to a journalist, was told this wasnt that unusual by politicians.

He brought this up around the time we had Johnson lose his place in his cards and ramble on about Peppa Pig World.

The writer (name escapes me) wasnt defending Blair or his policies, just commenting on the organisational difference between him and Johnson

14 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The guy who does A Week In Tory (I think) a year or so ago wrote about attending a press conference given by Tony Blair. He was amazed by hiw organised Blair was; answered French journalists in French, spoke for about an hour, anticipated questions and looped back round to them. On commentkng to a journalist, was told this wasnt that unusual by politicians.

He brought this up around the time we had Johnson lose his place in his cards and ramble on about Peppa Pig World.

The writer (name escapes me) wasnt defending Blair or his policies, just commenting on the organisational difference between him and Johnson

Russ Jones?

At least that's te guy who does a week in tory.

If the Tories need somebody to dump a Ministerial salray on, I'd selflessly volunteer.

I assure you I cannot possibly do worse than anyone of them. I'd even accept that life peerage thingy they did to Camerom to make him return. You most def need more German blooded folks with a fancy title. Ofc, I wouldn't have the same gravitas as the third earl of mormont, but those are details. And you don't need details as a Tory member of goverment.

The more you read about it, the worse it gets.

The GB News presenter, who was one of the first to be ousted from the 2019 Conservative leadership race, is reported to have been tasked with leading the government’s anti-woke agenda, acting as a “commonsense tsar”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/13/sunak-seeks-to-appease-tory-right-by-giving-esther-mcvey-ministerial-role

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'm sorry, but minister for common sense? Is...that a real thing? 

No, it’s Minister of State Without Portfolio. It’s basically the least important job Sunak could give to someone from the right of the party to try and appease the nutjobs.