Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

3 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

So this is a sequel? The original is one of those that you just stop and watch when it's on television...

Yes. I think the girl is playing Hellen Hunt's daughter. Don't know for sure, but given that they have that Dorothy contraption definitely suggests a sequel.

Cast

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'm imagining households across the bible belt where a little child queries a parent, "Momma, what's a 'pegging'?"

That happened. During the Super Bowl. Sweet Jesus, the Super Bowl.

No it did not. They only showed a brief teaser at the SB with the message of full trailer online posted at the end.

Edit: but we did get a full blown campaign ad for Robert Kenney Jr as president, which was weird and in poor taste, so yeah...

Edited by Corvinus85

6 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Cast

I can't decide if I like this idea or think its in poor taste. Stunning cast though.

The Prince Andrew movie 'Scoop' is such a bizarre idea. I would understand if this was Frost vs Nixon, or even Princess Di vs Martin Bashir. 

But getting Gillian Anderson to play Emily Maitlis, a C level political presenter who is now basically doing podcasts because she couldn't help herself from turning Newsnight into her own political mouthpiece is just odd. Maitlis is no David Frost.

Did the Prince Andrew interview 'Change everything'? Or did it basically just tell us things we already knew, caused a few memes for a couple of days and then was basically forgotten. 

If that is the story they want to tell then sure.. I guess Netflix is throwing money at everything!

Edited by Heartofice

On 2/12/2024 at 10:36 PM, Myrddin said:

The Mandela Effect where a trailer for a Disney movie vocab checks the nation on the term "pegging" during the Super Bowl.

Prince Harry was doing media at the superbowl, I'm sure he could fill everyone in about what it means. His brother being the worlds most famous 'peggee'.