Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Isn't hair usually the big historical epic fail?  Very, very few Big Actors are willing to have their do mussed in order to fit the rest of the scene.

The White House Plumbers and Minx had great hair.

It's tricky. Hairstyles were probably more regional and varied a lot depending on exactly what year you're talking about. Some of the hairstyles female celebrities were sporting in the early 80's wouldn't look terribly out of place today. 

The mullets. The perms. The braids. Oh, my.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

That is supposed to be a musical right? Are they underplaying that aspect for the trailer?

maybe its just that I've been watching a lot of musicals lately but some of the shots looks so clearly like musical numbers that I thought it was fairly obvious. Like I say could just be my recent watches influencing my perception.

I wonder how they will play it. The musical numbers being vivid imaginings? Events taking place in Harley/Jokers head? The trailer didn't excite me but I'm interested enough in the concept to go see it

I can't wait for Shardlake! I might reread all the books... 

GOD KNOWS WHO DID IT…ARTHUR HUGHES AND ANTHONY BOYLE ANNOUNCE 1 MAY RELEASE DATE FOR DISNEY+ ORIGINAL TUDOR MURDER-MYSTERY SERIES “SHARDLAKE”

https://press.disney.co.uk/news/arthur-hughes-and-anthony-boyle-announce-1-may-release-date-for-disney+-original-tudor-murder-mystery-series-shardlake

Edited by kissdbyfire

27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can't wait for Shardlake! I might reread all the books... 

GOD KNOWS WHO DID IT…ARTHUR HUGHES AND ANTHONY BOYLE ANNOUNCE 1 MAY RELEASE DATE FOR DISNEY+ ORIGINAL TUDOR MURDER-MYSTERY SERIES “SHARDLAKE”

https://press.disney.co.uk/news/arthur-hughes-and-anthony-boyle-announce-1-may-release-date-for-disney+-original-tudor-murder-mystery-series-shardlake

I will be renewing my Disney subscription for this!

21 minutes ago, HexMachina said:

I will be renewing my Disney subscription for this!

Definitely. I canceled mine months ago but will be renewing just for this! 

Speak No Evil looks like a straight up shot for shot remake. And this one feels particularly unnecessary considering they spoke English most of the original. Not to mention it literally just came out two years ago. The director of Eden Lake should certainly be able to do something this bleak very well, but still. I don’t get this one at all. 

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Speak No Evil looks like a straight up shot for shot remake. And this one feels particularly unnecessary considering they spoke English most of the original. Not to mention it literally just came out two years ago. The director of Eden Lake should certainly be able to do something this bleak very well, but still. I don’t get this one at all. 

A straight up shot for shot remake only without any subtlety apparently. The trailer shows basically the entire movie too, spoilers and all.