NFL 4th Quarter

DireWolfSpirit

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

I think I said a page or two back, the Rams are the one team I don’t want to see.  They aren’t good, I don’t see any possibility they win three games in a row to get to the Super Bowl; but they have all the pieces to be dangerous in a one game scenario to anyone.

I had to Google to see who the Rams back up QB was.  Completely forgot they signed Carson Wentz.  A few years ago, Darnold v Wentz would have been considered a titanic battle of up and comers.

That's my fear. Stafford, Kupp, Pucua, and RB Williams are a force.

Fuck.  Tell me there's a Manningcast tonight.

ETA:  Nope it's XGames on the deuce or Joe Buck.  Joe Buck is almost always annoying and has such a low ceiling too.

Edited by mcbigski

Posted (edited)

Bengals elimination has to be one of the tough ones, coming into the year im sure a lot fans had pretty high hopes till  Burrow went down.

2 darkhorse teams that could be dream crushers "on any given Sunday" for this years post season, to me its the sneaky Browns and rising Rams.

Unfortunately it looks like the Rams and Stafford are exactly who my Lions may have to face in the opening round.

Ford field will be some kind of loud if its Stafford v Goff, I cant wait.

Eta: Packers still have an outside chance at being who we face, which would be another fun matchup with two longtime opponents, we will know in a few hours how it shakes out. Both teams would be a 4 quarter fight imo.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Bengals elimination has to be one of the tough ones, coming into the year im sure a lot fans had pretty high hopes till  Burrow went down.

Just wasn't meant to be but I have high hopes for next season. Burrow getting some time on the sideline, especially as the offense evolved a bit for Browning, likely isn't a bad thing. Got a lot of cap space next season, one major extension to get done and then start improving their DL, OL and depth.

Posted (edited)

#Fingers crossed emoticom#

Booth guys just said IF things hold, we'll(Lions) have the Pack next week at Ford field.

Prefer that, we shall see.

Eta: enjoying the Bears bruising them up today lol.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

Looks like Mathew Stafford's coming back to Detroit lol:D

Dallas is drawing a rising Love led Pack that is going to be tough as well.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

That's one hell of a collapse. 

Speaking of which, how bout them Eagles lol.?

4 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Speaking of which, how bout them Eagles lol.?

Rams could take them. It wouldn't be shocking.

NFC is set. The teams in the AFC are as well, but I believe Bills-Fins still has some steaks tonight. 

How crazy was the Saints/Falcons ending?  I saw it on Sportscenter last night.  I am sure players have done that before, but Jameis Winston was probably like "You brought in Derek Carr, so who the F' cares"

According to this metric of DVOA (I don't know if this is a direct translation of FootballOutsiders or what), the top 12 teams consists of all 7 AFC playoff squads, 3 NFC squads (#2 SF, #4 DAL and #7 DET) and two AFC teams that failed to make the playoffs (JAX and CIN).  The NFC is pretty pitiful this year, with Philly being perhaps the most egregious example. 

Also, I think it's kinda funny that in many respects Miami and Buffalo have had the exact opposite seasons.  Miami has looked amazing against bad teams, but won only one game against a playoff squad.  Buffalo has 5 losses against teams that failed to make the playoffs, but is 5-1 against teams that qualified for the postseason. 

7 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

According to this metric of DVOA (I don't know if this is a direct translation of FootballOutsiders or what), the top 12 teams consists of all 7 AFC playoff squads, 3 NFC squads (#2 SF, #4 DAL and #7 DET) and two AFC teams that failed to make the playoffs (JAX and CIN).  The NFC is pretty pitiful this year, with Philly being perhaps the most egregious example. 

Also, I think it's kinda funny that in many respects Miami and Buffalo have had the exact opposite seasons.  Miami has looked amazing against bad teams, but won only one game against a playoff squad.  Buffalo has 5 losses against teams that failed to make the playoffs, but is 5-1 against teams that qualified for the postseason. 

That site is where the FO alumni ended up after FO blew up, apparently. 

Mike Vrabel out in Tennessee.  I don't follow that team too closely, but I have always thought that Tennessee overperformed pretty consistently under Vrabel.  He was very good at making teams that don't beat themselves, and that is really important.  Without ever having a consistent qb, he nonetheless put together a 54-45 record, which is pretty damn good. 

I'm sure he'll get another job soon, unless he wants to take a year off or something.