Football: VARying degrees of dissatisfaction inside.

A Horse Named Stranger

3 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He will be leaving with just 1 PL.

Hey now, he said he's leaving at the end of the season and Liverpool is at the top. You have so little confidence in your team that they won't be able to keep City away?

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Against City? Nope.

And why is that exactly? I mean, obviously Liverpool winning it is far from certain, but City hasn't really taken the world by storm this season, have they? Ok, things are looking up for them with DeBruyne coming back and they can win it but it's far from certain.

7 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Very sad to see him leave. Thanks for all he brought to the club, we’ve been very lucky to have him.  I hope a break helps him.  I wonder if the players can stay focused for the rest of the season — I still remember how Kenny’s announcement derailed the title challenge all those years ago.

Now the club need to recruit a DoF, manager and coaching staff.  It’s a pity we don’t have an institutional DoF for continuity.

I assume, you have a successor lined up (let's assume it's Alonso), who is about to sign a contract, so the news was gonna break coming days anyway. Klopp apparently informed the club in November, so to keep the news quiet this long is an achievement by itself.

I don't think it will derail your campaign much (going by Klopp's managerial history). I have my money on your team rallying around him.

As for his future. Either he takes a break/retires or the Germany job.  I don't think the Bayern job is that interesting to him. If he wanted to manage a major club next year, he would've stayed at Liverpool.

What I could see happening, is a major club parting ways with their manager in September or October and him being tempted by a new culture/country, but that would have to be an interesting club (likesay Milan (doing the job Sacchi did), Inter, Juve in Italy, or Barca/Real in Spain).

This alone:

VAR disallowed the goal because Genk's Sor encroached in the area but ignored encroachment by two Anderlecht players.

is enough for the ref to never again be allowed on the football pitch*.

EDIT:

*In this case, in the VAR room.

Edited by baxus

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Totally coincidentally watching the Leverkusen game tonight. They do look good although it’s a bit more Guardiola style than heavy metal football so far.

Tbf, Klopp hasn't used the 'heavy metal' approach to gegenpressing at Liverpool for years now. He did when he first came in and in his first full season but reined it in for a more measured/sustainable approach after that.