The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #8

LongRider

39 minutes ago, HexMachina said:

Um.....spotting is a bitch

It is, but if you love someone you'll do their laundry and not think twice about seeing it. 

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I am with DMC on this one.

There are better ways for you to come out as a Republican than with a Red Elephant thong. Yes, I am assuming this was a political statement better placed in the US politics thread.

No, not going in the other direction with that.

She liked that I could fill up the whole trunk. Sleep with that on your mind. :devil:

24 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

She liked that I could fill up the whole trunk. Sleep with that on your mind. :devil:

You asked me to use my imagination? Are you sure about this? :D

So lemme picture it. So to get in the mood, you went to a restaurant, had a fine bottle wine, then you went home and put on some music, which I just assume was the Beetlejuice musical. Yeah, I think I am getting the picture. :P

17 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So lemme picture it. So to get in the mood, you went to a restaurant, had a fine bottle wine, then you went home and put on some music, which I just assume was the Beetlejuice musical. Yeah, I think I am getting the picture. :P

What can I say, it's part of our culture here:

This is really something very small but there is a post on Facebook about the fact the main actors for the Duncan and the Egg series that is going to be filmed have been cast, and Duncan is going to be played by a former footballer who has started an acting career by the name of Peter Claffey. He’s so new he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page. I asked the question so how tall is he, since I couldn’t find the answer anywhere (about 6’5”) and I just saw my question got a “like” by…Sean Bean. I think it’s the real Sean Bean, but who knows for sure, his identity could have been appropriated. But I am inordinately pleased.

17 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

This is really something very small but there is a post on Facebook about the fact the main actors for the Duncan and the Egg series that is going to be filmed have been cast, and Duncan is going to be played by a former footballer who has started an acting career by the name of Peter Claffey. He’s so new he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page. I asked the question so how tall is he, since I couldn’t find the answer anywhere (about 6’5”) and I just saw my question got a “like” by…Sean Bean. I think it’s the real Sean Bean, but who knows for sure, his identity could have been appropriated. But I am inordinately pleased.

Quite a few YouTube videos came out when they news broke

Dunk & Egg TV Series: BOTH LEAD ROLES OFFICIALLY CAST!!! (A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms)

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

This is really something very small but there is a post on Facebook about the fact the main actors for the Duncan and the Egg series that is going to be filmed have been cast, and Duncan is going to be played by a former rugby player who has started an acting career by the name of Peter Claffey. He’s so new he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page. I asked the question so how tall is he, since I couldn’t find the answer anywhere (about 6’5”) and I just saw my question got a “like” by…Sean Bean. I think it’s the real Sean Bean, but who knows for sure, his identity could have been appropriated. But I am inordinately pleased.

fixed.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

15 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Just saying, white or light colored underwear, especially for most men, bad idea. But ladies, don't think that it isn't an issue for you too. Darker colors work better unless you need something for a specific outfit. 

Don't mothers and grandmothers teach everybody that underwear must be white to be able to be washed on 90° C in America? It is something of a stereotype here.

All of the vehicles recalled, all of them.  

Tesla recalls all 3,878 Cybertrucks over faulty accelerator pedal cover | Ars Technica

On Monday, we learned that Tesla had suspended customer deliveries of its stainless steel-clad electric pickup truck. Now, the automaker has issued a recall for all the Cybertrucks in customer hands—nearly 4,000 of them—in order to fix a problem with the accelerator pedal. It has come at an inconvenient time for Tesla, which is laying off more than 10 percent of its workforce due to shrinking sales even as CEO Elon Musk asks for an extra $55.8 billion in compensation.

50 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't mothers and grandmothers teach everybody that underwear must be white to be able to be washed on 90° C in America? It is something of a stereotype here.

That seems rather hot. 

22 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

It takes very vivid imagination to imagine such a falsity...

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I've not heard that one. Did you ever get "Make sure you wear clean underwear when you go out because you never know when you'll get hit by a bus."

Erm, in hindsight what a thing to say to a 5 year old.

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

For us it was, "Wear clean underwear because you may end up in the hospital!"

It WAS kind of a good thing no matter where you end up.  :D  

I’ve heard this before and I never got it.  If I end up in the ER you think I’m gonna be embarrassed by my boxers/underwear?  Like, as if those workers don’t deal with horrible shit every damn shift.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

I’ve heard this before and I never got it.  If I end up in the ER you think I’m gonna be embarrassed by my boxers/underwear?  Like, as if those workers don’t deal with horrible shit every damn shift.

Oh, yeah.  My younger sister worked as a nurse's aide in a downtown Detroit hospital.  She had MANY stories to tell.  Dirty underwear was the least of her worries.  "Crabs" in the nether regions was a common thing.  

How to put it... I thought crabs were endangered in the western world due to loss of their natural habitats. (that was so elegantly put, I kinda have to applaud myself here).

And how did this discussion move away from ty and MTG - Minor Trunk Growth (it was either that or Make Trunks Great).

18 hours ago, HexMachina said:

I've not heard that one. Did you ever get "Make sure you wear clean underwear when you go out because you never know when you'll get hit by a bus."

Erm, in hindsight what a thing to say to a 5 year old.

Huh. Do your washing machines even have that function then?

I have always heard that the underpants must be washed on such high temperatures to kill all the bacteria and viruses. (Also, in my experience, that washes away all the leaked period too.) And obviously only white cotton fabric can survive this.

15 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

For us it was, "Wear clean underwear because you may end up in the hospital!"

It WAS kind of a good thing no matter where you end up.  :D  

Yup, this is what I heard too.

27 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Huh. Do your washing machines even have that function then?

Mine does. Altho, I don't use that setting for enviromental reasons. Lower temperature and soak/tub (no idea what the English word for Einweichen on a washing machine program is) function will do the trick and cost less energy (for those who didn't know, the really energy intensive part for the washing machine is heating up the water, so the higher the temperature of the washing machine the more energy it consumes. Pre-washing or the soak/tub functions consume less energy, even if the machine runs longer on a lower temperature).