Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

Great weekend for Arsenal.

City were better in the first half and Liverpool better in the 2nd. Think Liverpool should've edged this one based on the chances they had in the 2nd half. Probably 2 points dropped for Liverpool rather than 1 point gained.

Edited by Consigliere

Fuck's sake, even Mike fucking Dean was disagreeing with the on field decision there.

Very annoying game. Clear foul for the City goal (although it's never going to get given) and then comfortably the better side for most of the rest of the game but we can't put away the chances. You can see why Klopp likes Diaz, he's constantly putting himself about, but he's got to come up with at least a goal from those 3 clear chances. Salah didn't really look fit when he came on.

I'm also curious why that wasn't a penalty at the end. I get that the defender made some contact with the ball, but that was a spikes up kick to the chest. Oh well. :dunno:

Should be a fun race for the cup with three pretty even teams. 

15 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

If Doku has a bit more luck with shot, the ball drops in the back of the net from post, and you walk away with zero points.

Sure, and if the foul on the City goal is seen, we get a penalty at the end for what 100% would have been given as a foul outside the box or Diaz scores any of his 3 big chances we walk away with 3 points.

Fantastic end to that match, edge of the seat stuff. Not sure City offered very much and I’m pretty happy I ditched Haaland from my fantasy side this week, him getting channelled by VVD was an interesting matchup.

Liverpools defensive shape was interesting as well, VVD was playing as a back 1 at times at the end , except when he was rushing forward too. 

Hard to criticise Diaz, some of the runs he made were unbelievable, sure the end product could have been better but him just getting into those positions in the first place was epic. 

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Fantastic end to that match, edge of the seat stuff. Not sure City offered very much and I’m pretty happy I ditched Haaland from my fantasy side this week, him getting channelled by VVD was an interesting matchup.

Liverpools defensive shape was interesting as well, VVD was playing as a back 1 at times at the end , except when he was rushing forward too. 

Hard to criticise Diaz, some of the runs he made were unbelievable, sure the end product could have been better but him just getting into those positions in the first place was epic. 

To be fair to Diaz, all our attacking players were shit at finishing.

Salah is not match fit at all. 

From now on that useless dutch player we bought recently will be called Gakpoo.

4 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

To be fair to Diaz, all our attacking players were shit at finishing.

Salah is not match fit at all. 

Salah definitely was nowhere near 100%, his end product was way off.

4 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Come on, there’s no need for stuff like this. He was really good last year. He’s struggled a bit this year with being in and out of the team but he’s still got 11 goals and 4 assists, that’s fine for your 5th choice forward.

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Salah definitely was nowhere near 100%, his end product was way off.

He had one good pass to set up Diaz for a chance but anytime he had to sprint he didn’t look confident doing it. Not really a surprise coming back from 2 hamstring injuries I suppose.

Edwards has agreed the deal to come back to Liverpool apparently. Sounds like he’s going to be a doing a fair amount of what was Mike Gordon’s role along with more direct supervision of football matters. Richard Hughes is the target to be the sporting director.

Good that that side of things appears to be mostly sorted well before the summer. Just need to nail down the next manager now.

“It was vital for me that, if I did return, it had to be with renewed vigour and energy. In practice, this means having fresh challenges and opportunities. As such, one of the biggest factors in my decision is the commitment to acquire and oversee an additional club, growing this area of their organisation. I believe that to remain competitive, investment and expansion of the current football portfolio is necessary.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/03/fsg-statement-in-full-as-michael-edwards-new-role-at-liverpool-explained/

• Michael Edwards is now CEO of Football within FSG
  • He will appoint “new leadership” – including manager and sporting director
  • To lead FSG’s plans to acquire or invest in other football clubs
  • Will no longer hold consultancy role with Ludonautics

• Ran locked this topic