So what's Hell like?

Sci-2

Note all the compelling, well thought-out depictions of eternal torment people have come up with over the aeons and try and find an equally coherent description of heaven.

Yeah.

Oh, and hell is also screaming babies that won't stop no matter what. :/

It ends my friend, I promise you.:)

I know when it is happening it seems eternal, though........

Note all the compelling, well thought-out depictions of eternal torment people have come up with over the aeons and try and find an equally coherent description of heaven.

The one that springs to mind is Dante's Divine Comedy. Everyone knows about Inferno, but no-one bothers with Purgatory and Paradise.

How's that hell? I want a sentient calculator.

The calculator would no longer be yours. You’d be his. And he’d probably eat you, because you’re just a waste of juicy protons.

If P = NP then the Singularity is here. Welcome your new overlords.

The calculator would no longer be yours. You’d be his. And he’d probably eat you, because you’re just a waste of juicy protons.

If P = NP then the Singularity is here. Welcome your new overlords.

Personally I think P = NP would destroy much of the beauty and mystery of mathematics. People have tried for nearly three centuries to find out if every even number can be expressed as the sum of two primes, and then some bloody computer comes along and develops a proof in polynomial time. Disgusting.

Personally I think P = NP would destroy much of the beauty and mystery of mathematics. People have tried for nearly three centuries to find out if every even number can be expressed as the sum of two primes, and then some bloody computer comes along and develops a proof in polynomial time. Disgusting.

That already happened with the four colour theorem.

A freezing cold room with thousands of people sitting around a huge stage with the best light, sound, and video rigs that money can buy and one guy in a suit spouts out financial reports in monotone for eternity from behind a podium.

Archived