Happy Birthday to the greatest nation on the planet !

Howdyphillip

Does anyone know where that country is, or what day it was born? We should throw it a huge party...

All kidding aside, The 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays because it represents a bunch of guys telling a king to go stuff himself, and contains a lot of things exploding. I am celebrating by applying fire to a number of dead animals, sitting around and picking on guitars with friends, and then later tonight, we are going to watch fireworks and make out with each other.

Does any of my fellow Americans have plans?

The title of this thread is somehow nationalistic.

Anyway, happy holiday to all Americans on here!

I wqas trying to throw a Newsroom reference here saying that indeed we are not the greatest nation on the planet... That is what the first line of the post is about.

I wqas trying to throw a Newsroom reference here saying that indeed we are not the greatest nation on the planet... That is what the first line of the post is about.

Oh, sorry, I did not catch the reference. I do not know Newsroom. Happy holiday, anyway. :)

I like America and am very happy to have been born here. Had a little barbecue with my boyfriend and his dad, spent some time by the pool, and will probably try to find some fireworks to watch tonight.

Was going to a barbecue party but that got cancelled since my husband had to work, so I'm just going to cook some burgers and hot dogs on the grill and shoot some of our own fireworks and have some beers.

Currently watching sporting events, and I'm just about to take a nap, fine American activities both! Then, when I wake up, I will enjoy some Californian beer and grilled meat products of some sort, and I'll top off the evening with municipality-sponsored explosives.

The sun's even out - it's a great day!

Sitting in my basement and watching Breaking Bad. We've been fighting a fire for the past two weeks up here, working my ass off, and half the state still being on fire has lead me to want to do nothing more than relax.

There is a Firework ban in county, so none will be popping off tonight, and I'm pretty OK with that.

We are cooking very spicy foods (my favorite holiday pastime) and drinking our own American-made beer. Later we will probably wander up to the roof and watch the fireworks show that happens each year along the East River.

It's happening on the Hudson River this year. Possibly sucks for you unless you want to trundle on over to the Rive Gauche where we're watching from the 22nd floor balcony (of a building on a cliff, no less). It's my buddy's place in West New York, but y'all are welcome to join if you like.

eta: I can guarantee there is no better place to watch the fireworks this year than my buddy's apartment. He has a view clear from the GWB to the Verrazano and about 300ft above the river.

I'm doing what I do every year: flying my 13 star flag and watching "The Revolution" on the History Channel. Sticking to American brews today - Woodchuck from VT, Sam Adams Cream Stout from MA or Brooklyn Brown Lager from NY - and grilling some chicken later. Watching some baseball. Doing my best to keep my doggie from freaking out when the fireworks start. That's about it.

Happy Independence Day!

I'm gonna go party with some peace core peeps in true imperial style.

Say what? Peace Corps peeps? Are you PC too?

I celebrated with American beers. One Sam Adams and then a slug of IPAs. And a bit of a rough morning. Allllll worth it.

Archived