where are you on the global fat scale?

BigFatCoward

Nobody can, actually. People consistently over estimate my weight by 20 pounds or so (and my age by 10years or so, lol).

During summer, it's a plus, heat is rarely a problem. During winter, or even spring and fall, it blows.

How much do you weigh?

I'm the other way around. Nice and warm during the winter, sweat my ass of in summer ha!

Profile: Nasrudin's Shadow

Height: 6'4''

Weight: 188lbs

Religion: Taoist Absurdist Orthodox

Ethnicity: African-->Viking-->Scottish-->Beige, slightly greasy Canadian with battle axe fetish.

Hobbies: Drinking, smoking, killing time/myself.

Dislikes: Rainy days, mean people.

BMI: 23

Str: 14

Dex: 11

Con: 9

Int: 14/6/18/9/12

Wis: 3

Cha: 18

Luke - that's pretty damn spot on for my weight. It usually sits around 100-105 (that's what I tell myself, anyway, 97 might be exactly right, but I tend to just say 105, to keep people from force feeding me like a goose in France.)

Luke - that's pretty damn spot on for my weight. It usually sits around 100-105 (that's what I tell myself, anyway, 97 might be exactly right, but I tend to just say 105, to keep people from force feeding me like a goose in France.)

That reminds me - have you eaten today?

Sorry, I should have said, a healthy indicator is that your waist measure is less than half your height. It is not the ideal measure, it's a healthy measure. If it's higher, it's an indicator of excess fat which gathers over some rather important organs. A fatty liver in a human is just as bad for a human as it is for a goose being prepared to contribute to foie gras. You actually want it to be lower than half. They talk about people (mainly women, but Iread stuff about women) being apple or pear shaped. The apple shape is less desirable health wise.

That is crazy man. My brother is the skinniest person I know and he is still around 135lbs at 5"7. As long as you are healthy according to doctors though who cares.

It's true, I could swim further under water than not as a kid.

Same story lol. I actually swam underwater only until I was ~18 or something. I still find it hard to swim any longer distance above water - it takes some mighty effort just to stay afloat.

Solmyr sounds legit to me....

It's true, I could swim further under water than not as a kid.

Nuke, I was painfully thin as a child. I too was followed around by worried people who insisted I eat. And the swimming instructor at the Boys & Girls club said I was the first person she had ever seen in her life that swam like a half sunken log.

Micronesia, which is neat, considering I'm from Micronesia. This confirms it, I'm not fat, I'm Chamorro.

I was just idly looking at that chart again, and I decided to pretend I was American instead of Canadian. Now that gets some startling results. As a Canadian, my BMI (27) is lower than 56% of females aged 45 - 59, but as an American it would be 72% lower. Getting me down to 25 makes me 67% lower in Canda, 80% in the USA, and getting to my goal of 23 by year end would bring me lower than 80% in Canada, 88% in the USA. Differences of 16%, 13% and 8%. That's an eye-opener.

I was just idly looking at that chart again, and I decided to pretend I was American instead of Canadian. Now that gets some startling results. As a Canadian, my BMI (27) is lower than 56% of females aged 45 - 59, but as an American it would be 72% lower. Getting me down to 25 makes me 67% lower in Canda, 80% in the USA, and getting to my goal of 23 by year end would bring me lower than 80% in Canada, 88% in the USA. Differences of 16%, 13% and 8%. That's an eye-opener.

Yes, Americans are significantly more muscular and buffed up than Canadians.

Diet, not so much intense as getting my portion sizes sorted out. I never ate all that badly just way too much of it.

The pups I already have are more than enough, there wont be any more!

Archived