What are we drinking now?

Reposado

dude, can i offer you a bottle of johnny red or black or both? i got them from folks at work as xmas gifts. and fuck, if i am likely to drink them. either would pair nicely with diet coke.

though you deserve better.

Haha, I'd be happy to relieve you of the alcohol! Maybe we can meet at art and soul this week?

About to start a Riesling sauvage. This is to pair with my starter salad (goats cheese, beetroot picked and normal, candied walnutsand leaves). Then an excellent 05 Cote Rotie with the roast leg of lamb. A bottle of moet for midnight.

I'd considered a good champagne (Bollinger grande annee) for midnight but decided I wouldn't appreciate it. Another time.

I really want an Old Fashioned.

Or more accurately, I wanted one New Year's Eve. But, I had a couple bombers of Arctic Panzer Wolf while waiting on guests too arrive and was a bit too tipsy to bother making cocktails when they arrived. So... yeah. It was just straight bourbon for the rest of the evening.

I still sorta wanted an Old Fashioned yesterday as well, but I was detoxing and didn't drink anything. So tonight, when I get home from work in about 20-25 minutes, I'll have a nice cocktail. (Not the "traditional" kind either. I want the kind with mashed up fruit. I know. But it sounds good today. So lay off.)

Archived