Banshee

Fragile Bird

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could we turn this thread into a spoilerthread OP? Kind of hard to discuss this show without going into details :)

Anyway, this season opener was really good. No surprises there really since Banshee usually delivers on those. Everything is just as strong as we remembered. The only decision I really, really didn't like and which I think was very unwise from the writers was

Spoiler

killing Rebecca. I wasn't that surprised, because Lili Simmons probably has more work than ever nowadays, but it's still stupid. Not only because her character seemed destined to survive (I always assumed Procter and Hood would eventually kill each other, leaving her to pick up the pieces), but because we have yet another case of fridging in Banshee. This however seems even worse than Siobhan, because they have connected this to some sleezy serial killer storyline (I was hoping she might have faked her own murder, but the end of the episode makes that unlikely).

I'm also slightly worried about all the storylines Banshee is setting up in that first episode. I like their ambition, but I think it has gotten the better of them before (e.g. the military dudes last season were really rather boring compared to Chayton and the Red Bones, who should have gotten more screentime). I'm curious to see where it goes though :) 

So... Nobody responded yet? Do you all even post bro's, I thought I was late this week :P 

The second episode was nice. Better than the first episode,

Spoiler

I like that Rebecca seems to remain a presence in the show, even if it's just through flashback.

I wonder who the serial killer is though. It has to be someone we know, otherwise Banshee wouldn't be so coy about it. Perhaps Burton? But that seems like an obvious candidate. I like that they haven't made that murder their main focus though. Plenty of stuff going on, that Columbian cartel is a really exciting prospect. I'm imagining a fight were the Neo-Nazi's square of with Columbian deathsquads, the Banshee sheriff department, Hood and Crew and Proctor and company. It's going to be good!

Lots of set up. Thought this episode was slower than the first episode but still good. Looking forward to when Eliza Dushku shows up.

As for your spoiler, she's more prominent in this season, despite the events of the first episode, than previous seasons. At least that's what I read. They're totally messing with the timeline this season.

Also,

JOB!

Archived