If you could choose a series HBO would make

JonArryn

Game of Thrones -Elder Scrolls crossover

The Daedric princes would interfere with the charactors.

Molag Bal(domaniation and other evilthings) -pact with Boltons

Malacath (outcast prince)-look out for people like Hodor,Bran,and Shireen

Sagriene(heoist prince)-hang out with Robert Baratheon and Tyrion

Boethath(plot)-deal along with LF and Varys

Merdia(life prince)-aid NW against wights

Nocuriel(Assassin prince)-faceless men ally

Sheograth(madness)-neutral

I just want them to make about 5 more seasons of their already fantastic Rome! :)

Totally agree. That was a great series.

Not HBO but did you watch The Borgias? Quite similar.

I've mentioned it before (possibly even in this thread) but Altered Carbon is begging to be made for film imo. I think a 2 hour movie might be a bit too short and a 10 episode series much too long, but a 2-episode event like what they did with Empire Falls would be about right. I think it'd also be a great way for HBO to do some sci-fi without having to commit to a monster budget.

Not that it would be cheaper, but you could even throw in multiple actors playing the role of Kovacs for every time he changes sleeves. Done right, that would be pretty awesome.

Guy Gavriel Kay's The Lions of Al-Rassan was optioned I think about 10 years ago but nobody's done anything with it. I think it would make a great 3-season series.

The Aubrey/Maturin series would be great, or something along those lines. There are a number of series in that genre that could be used.

A series loosely based on Steven Erikson's Malazan novels. There's honestly too much there to do a faithful adaptation, but you could do something interesting with the characters and a stripped down storyline, maybe focusing on the Bridgeburners in Darujhistan and the

Chain of Dogs storyline, and bring in the Seguleh for some good old-fashioned bad-assery.

The Michael Lewis book The Big Short is begging for adaptation. One of my favorite books of the last few years.

I would love an adaptation of Justin Cronins " The Passage Trilogy." A great vampire story that doesn't center on the vampires.

I would also like to see a 10 episode season of Kings " 11/22/63." Its one of my favorite books of the last ten years, and my 4th favorite King novel ( he actually got the ending right.) 1-3 would be " The Stand " The Shining " and " IT." Come to think of it why don't they just go ahead and redo "IT" and "The Stand " while they're at it.

Some suggestions upthread that I definitely would like to see.

Both Lymond and Niccolo series by Dorothy Dunnett would make great series, maybe the latter is slightly better, since the former requires Lymond to be in disguise (unknown to the reader) for several large parts of the story, which may not work so well onscreen.

Also, Aubrey and Maturin. Lots of stories and humor.

Julian May's Saga of the Pliocene and the Galactic Milieu trilogy/quadrology. Humor, sex and politics aplenty, plus mental powers, so kind of like some mash-up of Game of Thrones and Heroes (only better than the latter).

For fantasy - Memory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams

I would love to see at least Pawn In Frankincense, for my money the best (and most compelling) of the Lymond Chronicles, onscreen, providing they don't mess up the casting.

I absolutely adore Julian May's Saga of Pliocene Exile, but I doubt that any TV network or movie studio could do it justice. They'd actually have a better chance adapting the Galactic Milieu books; because they're less complex, plotwise, and have one protagonist.

And The Iliad could be great as a miniseries; provided they had the guts to NOT end it with Paris & Helen living happily ever after somewhere (they could tack on the mythological ending plus some or all of The Trojan Women, which is for my money one of the greatest anti-war pieces of literature of all time).

Mention of Planetary above reminded me of E.E. Smith's Lensman series. Also, I hope to see Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion dramatized. For something similar to Game of Thrones, The Deryni series of Katherine Kurtz.

Nah, the Deryni series wouldn't adapt as a Game of Thrones-esque story, at least not the first Deryni trilogy. Alaric Morgan is not sexually fixated on his sister, much less having sex with her (or anyone until after the third book of the first trilogy). They could do the Camber books; there's incest there and lots of violence and genoicide.

I'm trying to visualize a white-wigged Harry Lloyd as Elric and it's not working...

I'd like to see them come up with an adaptation of the Gormenghast novels that was closer to the poetic atmosphere and tone, also characterisation, than the just decent but flawed BBC adaptation some years black. And adding John Hurt voiceovers for key moments of Peake's painterly prose would really seal the deal.

I loved the BBC adaption of Gormenghast...

I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of some of Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover novels, but not sure if they could manage to credibly depict actual telepathy in use.

A series loosely based on Steven Erikson's Malazan novels. There's honestly too much there to do a faithful adaptation, but you could do something interesting with the characters and a stripped down storyline, maybe focusing on the Bridgeburners in Darujhistan and the

Chain of Dogs storyline, and bring in the Seguleh for some good old-fashioned bad-assery.

This would be pretty bad ass in itself, even without the Seguleh. The Chain of Dogs is a seriously cool part of the series, it would make some epic TV. And the series on the whole is overflowing with bad-ass characters (Karsa Orlong anyone?) .

Like an extension of the movie that's already been made? Or a remake? I don't think anyone could do better than the original.

It was originally a TV pilot that was rejected because Lynch refused to tell/ didn't know where it would go over three seasons. Later Lynch got the green-light to add footage and re-cut it as a feature film, but it was always meant to be a TV series.

You might have to re-cast some of the parts at this point, but I think it could still be awesome. I'd love to see another Lynch series on the small screen.

Pern just optioned by Warner Brothers for a series of movies.

(Do we need a separate thread to round-up movie / TV production news that don't yet deserve their own thread? This was the only thread I found mentioning Pern.)

I'm filing this under "believe it when they actually do something with it". Pern had been down this road before.

Archived