Soccer XLVI: The Rumour Mill Keeps Spinning

Renasko

Supposedly, Italian Wonderkid, Marco Veratti, has handed in a transfer request at PSG. Word on the grapevine is that transfer busy-boys Napoli are looking to snap him up.

I personally think United should make a move to sign him. He's a real talent and they really need to start making up the ground on their rivals.

Ah here can we at least change the title of thread the game is clearly called football not soccer

Anyway can someone please clarify the Suarez situation does the 40 million pound plus deal have to be accepted as many are saying or does Suarez just have to be informed as Liverpool are saying? it's awfully confusing

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/26/en/football/real_madrid/1374825354.html

Marca? I am not familiar. But at any rate:

"[...] Tottenham's strategy is to sell to its fans the achievement of transferring Bale for the highest fee in British football. If the fee does not finally reach £100 million Levy has decided he will get at least £80 million and one pound more, in a bid to beat the fee Madrid paid Manchester United for Ronaldo in 2009, a strategy that he confided to his close friends just a few months ago."

It's both football and soccer. I don't see the point in grumbling about it.

Any attempt to try to force a move would result in legal proceedings that would drag on well into September.case.

Don't really care about the thread title, it's both really so why bother?

Didn't know it could go into legal proceedings? It all seems like we're not getting all of the story just yet. But, this does seem like it's going to drag on for at least another couple of weeks. Which is far from ideal for both clubs. I just can't see Suarez in an Arsenal shirt :worried:

what i can't understand is why would arsenal want to sign suarez after the way he's behaved recently.

his behavior helps their cause at the moment, but what is to stop him from doing the same to them next summer?

personally, i'd like to see liverpool either sell him for as high a fee as possible and get rid of him, even if they don't get a good-enough replacement or send him to the reserves for a better part of the season.

Looking at it in the cold, hard light of day, a player with a record of incurring lengthy suspensions is not that different than a player with a record of being injury-prone. They both risk missing a certain amount of games. And Arsenal have certainly never shied away from the latter type of player, have they?

While I'm here, congratulations to St Johnstone for beating Rosenborg in the Europa league, a pretty good result - and 'congratulations' to Hibs for losing 9-0 to Malmo on aggregate, a record defeat for a Scottish team in Europe. Keep this up and my Hearts boys might yet survive the season. :P

Newcastle have finally started making some moves, increased offer for Gomi, and offered to take Remi on loan. that would be an excellent pair of additions if it comes off. however i can't help thinking that Remi turned us down for QPR and is therefore a bit of a dick.

Why? Seems like the sensible thing given the circumstances. Granted, it would have been better if the refs have the power to give a card during Gold Cup matches, then Klinsman would have received a red card, and nobody would question the suspension. (They might question the red card, but that's a different issue.)

Archived