Football XLVIII - The Return to Normalcy.

Alex.

..and we continue being terrible at both ends. Two shots against (on goal), two goals conceded. Horrible. At the other end, 20 shots, two goals scored. 67% possession, away from home, yet a draw.

Dissappointing, to say the least.

Not sure of the complains about the ref at the Emirates, the best team clearly won the match no matter how much the ref ruled against them....

I take it you missed the game? It was pathetic. It doesn't help that Arsenal came into the game with 15 players and have two fit defenders left, but still, that ref was terrible on every level.

I take it you missed the game? It was pathetic. It doesn't help that Arsenal came into the game with 15 players and have two fit defenders left, but still, that ref was terrible on every level.

Nah, I watched enough of it. Granted being a Yid might have coloured my glasses somewhat...

Sometimes if it was big teams playing you could watch a match. I only got to see West Ham last year if they were playing a top 4 team, or Liverpool.

ESPN would sometimes have the early game Saturdays, followed by a Fox Soccer doubleheader.

Yeah, we've had the same thing in India for ages. You've basically got three/ four channels showing matches of the fop 4/5, they are getting better at it but I've missed some Arsenal games when they play at the same time as say United and Chelsea. Singapore on the other hand is great with this stuff, they have every game live, it also costs around $ 90 per season.

I should really stop looking forward to football so much. I've been excited all week! Not going to say too much about the ref, but I do think the team should have shown a bit more discipline, especially in the second half. It is easy for me to say given that I'm thousands of miles away, but rather than swinging your arms at the ref, we might have been better served if they had just got on with it. We also could have really used Arteta out there, and as much as I like Wilshere, it's a recurrent thing with him ( picking fights and stuff with different people ) Not sure who we're going to be playing at the back next week, hopefully Gibbs and Sagna are okay. We've even loaned out Miquel!

ETA: Titan's Bastard,

If our panic buys give us players in the same mold as Mertasacker, Arteta and Benayoun, I would take them with open arms.

Villa have one player in Benteke who is better than any player on Arsenal's team. Maybe therein lies some of the the difference.

Arsenal look incredibly vulnerable, everyone knows it and that something needs to be done, but there is always Wenger, who continues to say that he will only get players who are better than the ones he has, and that he will only reinforce if it's an upgrade. Those players were on the market. There are still plenty of such players on the market Arsene. You just don't want to spend. You just can't bring yourself to do it. And if you don't, you're definitely not even doing CL next season. I think Wenger continues to overrate the squad he has. The midfield/attack is just too harmless on a top level, and has been for a good time.

How is making a 40 million bid for Suarez not a desire to spend? I just don't understand these statements.

Agreed. That's the biggest bid we've ever made for a player. It's clear they want to spend, but they aren't doing a good job of building a team. Instead of spending 40 mil on Suarez who is a massive head case, they should have spent 30 mil on Higuain and 15-20 mil on Bernard or Gustavo and some additional money on Julio Cesar.

Wenger saying that Rosicky, Sagna, Gibbs and Ramsey might not be fit for Wednesday. Do Arsenal even have enough players to play? And we all know someone else will get hurt in Turkey. This is about as bad of management as I've seen.

I was really disappointing that Arsenal turned away from the Higuain.

I'm still not sure why that happened, it all seemed done and then it was off and he had left for Napoli. The only thing which made rounds on the internet was that we had a deal agree for 20 something million and then Madrid upped the asking price to over 30 million. We don't have the whole story there and I hope we get it at some point.

Wenger saying that Rosicky, Sagna, Gibbs and Ramsey might not be fit for Wednesday.

Sagna and Gibbs are the big worry there, I think Gibbs will pull through but I'm not sure about Sagna. I don't know, maybe our transfer team and manager are not that in tune with big money transfers when compared to Chelsea, City, United. I am sure we will get players in, but it does feel like he's left it a bit late

ETA: Still trying to get my head around the ref awarding a penalty after playing advantage. Would someone be able to explain that to me?

Sagna and Gibbs are the big worry there, I think Gibbs will pull through but I'm not sure about Sagna. I don't know, maybe our transfer team and manager are not that in tune with big money transfers when compared to Chelsea, City, United. I am sure we will get players in, but it does feel like he's left it a bit late

ETA: Still trying to get my head around the ref awarding a penalty after playing advantage. Would someone be able to explain that to me?

The big worry is the lack of players when it comes to Rosicky and Ramsey. We're down to what, 11 players on the first team left? In Turkey? Against a team that's super physical? It's a bad situation to be in.

The big worry is the lack of players when it comes to Rosicky and Ramsey. We're down to what, 11 players on the first team left? In Turkey? Against a team that's super physical? It's a bad situation to be in.

He said Ramsey has a knock on his ankle and Rosicky has probably tripped over a bottle or something, which is a pity cause I thought he was quite good today. I guess it would be something like Wilshere-Oxlade as nailed on starters and hopefully one of Rosicky or Ramsey pull through. On another note, I don't think Wilshere is helping anyone by constantly waving his arms at players who don't make a pass to him, it's not useful for anyone and probably just ends up making the players nervous. Have a feeling he might just play Ramsey at whatever state he might be in

Archived