Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

They had the opportunity to do this with Age of Ultron's time travel alterations and they didn't.

Seems like Marvel is really resistant to pulling a DC type Crisis?

Only until Disney/guy who owns them tells them too. They are erasing the FF and sidelining the X-men. The latter is their most successful franchise over the years, They ultimately do what they are told until the day fans don't buy whatever retcon is thrown their way.

Question if someone can answer it for me.

Just how powerful is the Scarlet Witch suppose to be and what exactly are her powers?

I think telekinesis is one, right?

Her powers are sorta vague, ranging from hexes (inflicting clumsiness, twisting environment) to altering space and time to the point she can alter Earth's history.

Only until Disney/guy who owns them tells them too. They are erasing the FF and sidelining the X-men. The latter is their most successful franchise over the years, They ultimately do what they are told until the day fans don't buy whatever retcon is thrown their way.

Ah, that's true - X-men have gotten shafted continuously to make the Avengers look good in the comics...

Question if someone can answer it for me.

Just how powerful is the Scarlet Witch suppose to be and what exactly are her powers?

I think telekinesis is one, right?

I don't think we should use the comic book Wanda as a hardcore indication of what movie Wanda will be capable of because comic book Wanda is, quite literally, capable of doing whatever the writer wants her to do. She is a mutant with the power to alter reality on a massive scale. Her biggest claim to fame is going crazy and using her powers to wipe out the X-gene, making mutants an endangered species.

In her purist form, back when she was first introduced, she had the ability to inflict "hexes" on people, causing them to have bad luck, as she could control probability. They ultimately complicated everything by introducing magic into the equation.

The best thing Whedon can do with her character is simplify what she's able to do. Elizabeth Olsen actually had some interesting things to say about the character, which I liked.

Telekinesis oversimplifies it, I think, though she can surely do it, I suppose.

New "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Footage to Air During "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD"

It was originally supposed to have its network TV debut on October 28 during "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", but the "Avengers: Age of Ultron" trailer got an early official debut following a widespread leak of the footage on Wednesday. However, Marvel.com has announced that there's still plenty of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" goodness coming during next week's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." -- due to the the 34.3 million global views of the trailer, Marvel will release "an exclusive piece" from the "Avengers" sequel during "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on October 28.

It's currently unknown as to what form the "exclusive piece" will take -- whether it's a clip from the upcoming film, an alternative trailer or interviews with the cast and crew. Regardless, there's certainly a lot to look forward to for next week's installment of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

I don't think we should use the comic book Wanda as a hardcore indication of what movie Wanda will be capable of because comic book Wanda is, quite literally, capable of doing whatever the writer wants her to do. She is a mutant with the power to alter reality on a massive scale. Her biggest claim to fame is going crazy and using her powers to wipe out the X-gene, making mutants an endangered species.

In her purist form, back when she was first introduced, she had the ability to inflict "hexes" on people, causing them to have bad luck, as she could control probability. They ultimately complicated everything by introducing magic into the equation.

The best thing Whedon can do with her character is simplify what she's able to do. Elizabeth Olsen actually had some interesting things to say about the character, which I liked.

Telekinesis oversimplifies it, I think, though she can surely do it, I suppose.

Funny - my reply on her powers never posted but I also used the phrase "do whatever the writers want her to do". I think I threw in deus ex machina and convenient/cheap retcons. She is the superboy punch of Marvel.

They definitely need to give her an easier to understand (and less of a blank slate for creators) in the film. Maybe "hex" energy which she can use to move objects/hit things with - a bit like how the invisible woman's invisible shields would look like telekinesis to everyone else.

I'll echo the thoughts on the final "showdown" at the end. I personally think that while there probably will still be a bunch of cronies involved, hopefully the big final fight is Ultron vs Everyone. With the first movie this wasn't really possible -- it didn't make sense to have Loki fighting everybody at once, since he's just not strong enough (at leastas depicted in the movies). But Ultron should not only be strong enough -- it should be necessary for the Avengers to all have to work together simultaneously to take him down. That's kind of the point of having a superhero team, no?

I have an Avengers-related question that perhaps someone can answer. Thor seems pretty tough, in fact I believe he is immortal, right? Yet I remember in the Avengers, Loki stabs him at the start of the battle and it seems to injure him, albeit only temporarily. Is Thor weak against small knives or something? Also, in the second Thor film he gets smacked around quite a bit when they lose the Aether and he seems to be getting seriously hurt (this also takes place after Loki pretends to cut his hand off, suggesting that his hand can be cut off). Can someone explain this?

I have an Avengers-related question that perhaps someone can answer. Thor seems pretty tough, in fact I believe he is immortal, right? Yet I remember in the Avengers, Loki stabs him at the start of the battle and it seems to injure him, albeit only temporarily. Is Thor weak against small knives or something? Also, in the second Thor film he gets smacked around quite a bit when they lose the Aether and he seems to be getting seriously hurt (this also takes place after Loki pretends to cut his hand off, suggesting that his hand can be cut off). Can someone explain this?

He can die, remember that Loki sends the Destroyer in 'Thor' specifically to kill him. And Loki is told in 'Thor 2' that he's lucky they didn't execute him.

Not truly immortal they have a life span in the range of 6000 years I believe, although they're often killed in battle before that. It's implied Loki is using knives made of a metal that is durable enough to piece his skin. Adamantium would do it. The Aether being an infinity stone contains easily enough power to hurt Thor, if I had a complaint it's that it didn't hurt him enough. He can be killed it just takes a hell of a lot of effort.

As for the final battle, Ultron in a vibranium form (Klaw points to this) could definitely be a credible threat. My main concern is Quicksilver, if they play him right he'll work as part of the team, if he's too powerful, you'll end up like in DoFP, where he could easily blitz the boss, but doesn't for some reason (I know in DoFP he's a kid, but that wouldn't apply here.)

He can die, remember that Loki sends the Destroyer in 'Thor' specifically to kill him. And Loki is told in 'Thor 2' that he's lucky they didn't execute him.

Yeah, but I thought that was possible because Odin took his power away.

Not truly immortal they have a life span in the range of 6000 years I believe, although they're often killed in battle before that. It's implied Loki is using knives made of a metal that is durable enough to piece his skin. Adamantium would do it. The Aether being an infinity stone contains easily enough power to hurt Thor, if I had a complaint it's that it didn't hurt him enough. He can be killed it just takes a hell of a lot of effort.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

Archived