The Collective DCU TVerse -- Lions, Titans, and Supergirls

Bastard of Boston

Given that it's another Berlanti show, it's probably not going to stray too far from the CWDC shows. Best case scenario we get some likeable characters, some good action scenes (probably closer to the effect-heavy The Flash than Arrow), a heavy dose of soap-operatic relationship drama and plots that run on the hope that nobody thinks about them too much.

What I found jarring is how much they talk about her cousin. I guess it's almost inevitable with the character, but it feels like the shadow of Superman (incidentally, will they be allowed to use the name?) will lie heavily on this show.

Supergirl trailer...very "RomCom."

Timeslot will be Mondays at 8 pm on CBS

The first half reminds me of this Black Widow Movie Trailer. The second half made it look like it could be good. I hope they tone down the angst though, I'm getting tired of it. One of the reasons the Flash felt so refreshing was his 'this is awesome!' reaction to getting super powers. I've never understood why the heroes with powers that are almost entirely positive (not Hulk, Thing, etc.) always have to act like it's this huge burden. You never hear LeBron James talking about how he's burdened with amazing basketball talent.

What I found jarring is how much they talk about her cousin. I guess it's almost inevitable with the character, but it feels like the shadow of Superman (incidentally, will they be allowed to use the name?) will lie heavily on this show.

There was a report awhile back that he'll appear in the show, but only from the back and they'll use a body double instead of the guy from the movies.

Is there really a suggestion that it's meant to be in the DCMU? I've seen nothing about that. It doesn't seem feasible, or something DC would allow.

Anyway, I like what they're trying to do, countering the darker movies with a Kryptonian who has something closer to the Superman-joyfully-rescues-people feel that a lot of people felt was missing in MoS, but the delivery seems off (and boy is the CG woeful in a couple of segments in the trailer). Be interesting to see how it plays out. The second half of the trailer was much better.

No way this is part of the DCCU, Man of Steel wouldn't make any sense if there was a second Kryptonian on Earth. Can't decide whether I liked it or not......very romcom, but some parts seems OK. I can see it getting old how often they mention her cousin, when Olsen handed her the cape it seemed odd that Superman could have met her himself in about 12 seconds. Still think it's a shame they can't tie this in with Arrow/Flash/LoT verse, that'd be a pretty strong lineup.

Well that looked abysmal. It was literally the Black Widow SNL skit. I haven't watched any of DCs other TV shows, but yeah I don't buy DC being the kings of Superhero TV from the looks of this trailer.

ETA: Also not buying this whole "what's wrong with the word girl?" speech. A male superhero of that age would never be called superboy.

Well that looked abysmal. It was literally the Black Widow SNL skit. I haven't watched any of DCs other TV shows, but yeah I don't buy DC being the kings of Superhero TV from the looks of this trailer.

Thank god I thought I had been transported to a weird dimension where only I could see that this is, objectively speaking, the worst 6 minutes of moving images ever put on a screen.

ETA: Also not buying this whole "what's wrong with the word girl?" speech. A male superhero of that age would never be called superboy.

Yes, that exchange was certainly a notable drop of puke in that vast sea of vomit. At first I thought, "hey, interesting, they're going to address the 'girl' elephant in the room", but then Calista Flockheart starting spewing a bunch of nonsense that didn't make any sense, and another pop song began playing.

I mean imagine a 50 year old male CEO referring to himself as a "boy". They really could have used Superwoman instead of girl, like how Marvel has rejected Ms. Marvel in favour of Captain Marvel. Now to be fair Superwoman is a different character, but there are also several characters using that name IIRC, so what's the harm in one more?

The "girl" thing is really weird. Saying "some women don't mind referring to themselves as girls" is fair enough, I guess (though even then it's probably highly dependent on context), but the argument is moot if the woman who is being called girl is actively objecting to the designation.

Legends of Tomorrow Trailer.

Shrinking confirmed.

It looks real fun. The cast should work well.

I like how ATOM will now seem a rip off of Iron Man and Ant-man. Guess if they'd stuck with the original ATOM it wouldn't have seemed that way.

Nice and convenient of them to explain the Canary and Palmer cliffhangers in the trailer too.

I'll say one thing for it: it looks ambitious. And Rory seems to enjoy hamming it up as a discount Doctor.

Of course these writers have trouble enough with plotting out stories that don't involve time travel, and now they're building an entire show around it...

The return of Sarah Lance seems to make the entire Season 3 of Arrow somewhat useless.

I have to admit that I'm a bit excited for Supergirl. Though Calista Flockheart's bizarre dialogue about why girl is ok is annoying. I'm hoping there will be more to it than that.

Legends of Tomorrow Trailer.

Shrinking confirmed.

Another one that looks great. Only thing is, they really should be doing 10-13 episodes per season of each DC show, and air them only 1 or two concurrently. Otherwise the tv landscape becomes (has become) saturated too quickly and there's way too much filler in the show.

Will Dean Cain reprise his role as Curtis Knox - Vandal Savage? Seeing him and Routh on screen together would just be too scene chewingly delicious.

Archived