Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

Another good one. I'm wondering if Peggy's somehow going to lead all the action up to Sioux Falls to attend that seminar with her. First I thought Milligan was going to be the Malvo-ish "evil force of nature" character who brings about the massacre. Then I thought it was Hanzee. Now there's apparently "The Undertaker" who we haven't even met yet. (Unless he's a young Malvo, which I really doubt but secretly hope for.)

A young Malvo was my first thought.

One slightly nitpick (I know I'm not the first to remark on this). Why would Hank leave the house without checking if Peggy was alright? Maybe there're scenes cut that we haven't seen, but it seems very strange that he would just leave.

I assume he had a concussion from being knocked out and was just reacting to the call and forgot what he was doing.

Wow.  So I guess she should just suck up the abuse and betrayal from her own family, yeah?  

She could just take off. She is betraying her entire family  (including Floyd, who treats her well), not just her dad.

Dodd is a total piece of shit, and I'm sympathetic to her for having him as a father, but I'm not a fan of her Fredo Corleone act.

She could just take off. She is betraying her entire family  (including Floyd, who treats her well), not just her dad.

Dodd is a total piece of shit, and I'm sympathetic to her for having him as a father, but I'm not a fan of her Fredo Corleone act.

Just because Floyd prevents Dodd from beating her sometimes doesn't mean she treats her well.  That's like below baseline decency.  Floyd is leader of a family that is currently at war.  The girls life is in constant danger as it is.  

No of course I don't have a problem with her being at odds with Dodd. But endangering the whole family wasnt the answer. 

Her family is a crime family.  They've endangered her since the day she was born.  

I mean, I get it, you don't like the character.  But calling her a cow and saying she's doing something that no one else is doing is a bit much.  

Well calling her a heifer apparently distracts from what I was focusing on with that post. I'm wondering how Floyd reacts when she realizes the betrayal in her own family. It's going to be pretty dramatic and possibly fatal for Simone.

Referring to a woman as a fucking cow... Twice now in this thread... makes it so people don't want to have rational discussion with you. Imagine that?. 

In the future, when confronted with sexist and asinine comments, learn from it and stop. Don't double down on your idiocy. 

Will Peggy really go to the seminar at Sioux Falls in the midst of all this though ? 

Of course she'll attend. This is a woman with all the right priorities, self actualization and arranging beauty mags in chronological order. Hank telling her she was a bit simple, and her complete incomprehension at the remark, was a great moment.

Saying all that Peggy and Ed are just about the most capable people on the show, violence wise I'm meaning ya know? They're single handedly taking out the entire Gerhardt mafia. Kansas City should have contracted these two early on, would have saved themselves a heap of trouble.

A little GoT type speculation now!  The titles of all the remaining episodes.

8.    Loplop

Any comments?  :)

A Google search for Loplop results in a character by surrealist painter Max Ernst.

When Max Ernst was fifteen years old, his younger sister was born on the same day that his pet cockatoo died. He blamed the newborn Loni for stealing the life force of his pet, and even in his later life continued to conflate bird and human, life and death. As the other Surrealists did, Ernst took Freud’s admonition to “analyze the symbolism in his dreams and other unguarded thoughts” to heart, and he used his art as a way to explore his subconscious, including his childhood fears and the hallucinations he suffered after a bout of measles. A “menacing nightingale” figured prominently in these hallucinations, and even after his recovery he purposely tried to bring back his visions. He saw birds as symbolic of freedom, while humans sought control and represented the Freudian concept of the superego.

The character of Loplop, Superior of Birds, came out of this combination of symbols, and appeared in many of his works. Serving the role of narrator and presenter in Ernst’s “collage novels,” Loplop was both a reflection of Ernst’s own personality and a spirit animal or totem of sorts. Loplop takes many forms, both male and female, and displays the heads of many different birds. The aspect of the hybrid creature varies wildly from endearingly goofy to erotic to grotesque and intimidating.

Just because Floyd prevents Dodd from beating her sometimes doesn't mean she treats her well.  That's like below baseline decency.  Floyd is leader of a family that is currently at war.  The girls life is in constant danger as it is.  

Her family is a crime family.  They've endangered her since the day she was born.  

All the more reason she should just leave. Cut all ties with her family completely. Betraying them, and working with another crime family is not a great way to make herself any safer. 

Was this the first episode without a UFO reference or did I miss it?

You missed it.  Right at the start after Peggy says "It's un-provable" the scene shifts to a shot of a store with two cars going by in opposite directions.  The ufo then flies by at the top right.

Archived