Han Solo Movie Cast First Shot

Manhole Eunuchsbane

That trailer was a lot better than the first one, but I remain mostly uninterested. The trailer also made me realize that when I look at Lando all I can see is Donald Glover. And while I really like Donald Glover, that's not what I want to see when I look at Lando, and it is not usually a problem I have with characters played by Donald Glover.

But I must admit that the Chewie stuff looks pretty damn good.

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing trailers everywhere I look and before Infinity War  (Got a nice picture of my son in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon at the theater and Han actually looks surprisingly lifelike for a cardboard cut out.), I have a question.

Does it look like the Falcon has a straight front end instead of the traditional "forked" appearance???  I have not tried to break down the trailer scene by scene or look for still images, but it was an impression I got.

33 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Looking at the new toy in Target, the front is a shuttle or something. So basically the OT Falcon is missing that.

Interesting

40 minutes ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

So basically, "make a new Millennium Falcon, sell a new toy."

Yes, because just changing the radar dish wasn't enough to sell a new version.

Oh, snap...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, Kalbear said:

Per the toy marketing, it's meant for 

Reveal hidden contents

making the Kessel run

I was going to assume it was part of the movie too. I mean, it's there from the beginning, we weren't and so we never knew it was supposed to be there. So at some point in the movie the pod will be gone and we will see the shape we are all used to.

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Early reviews are very positive from what I’ve seen...

The reviews actually look so-so when you factor in that the usual suspects who are packed into these tentpole premieres are orgasmic for just about everything put before them at these things.

6 hours ago, Ran said:

The reviews actually look so-so when you factor in that the usual suspects who are packed into these tentpole premieres are orgasmic for just about everything put before them at these things.

Yeah and Disney in particular seems to be very good at ensuring harsh reviews are limited prior to release.

Also prior to Episode VIII there was universal praise - something that certainly did not occur when the film fell into the hands of mainstream viewers. There was no hint at all it would be divisive based on all the initial reviews.

Someone mentioned how into the film Howard seems to be. I think it's probably just down to him being one of the most professional directors in the business. The thing is if he really was so enamoured by having the chance to make a Star Wars film, why the hell did no one ask him in the first place? Given his links with lucasfilm you'd think they'd know if this was the case and the guy has a very solid resume. Was it cost or some perception he wasn't "cool/hip" enough? Seems hard to believe it was cost given he's directing "solo" now but maybe the film was in such a bind they had to dig into their purses and spend to get it back on track?

Hopefully if the film turns out well and Howard really has had a good time with the film they'll offer the guy the opportunity to make his own star wars film from scratch. The fact the actor playing solo has signed a multi-film deal means it might be there's potential for a Solo 2 that Howard can do. Will just have to see how the film pans out.

Also - is there a general star wars thread? A bit like the Marvel one? I thought there'd be more discussion about Favreau announcing the Star wars TV show will be set between Ep VI and VII. 7 years after the battle of endor and that he's already written the first half of the season.

Part of me wonders whether it will feature any of the regular cast? Hopefully more in the way "Better call Saul" does by having the odd smaller character pop up.

Seems like a great opportunity to develop Snoke and the first order.

I'd also happily ignore Luke prematurely ageing if they were to have him appear in the show.

16 minutes ago, red snow said:

Also - is there a general star wars thread? A bit like the Marvel one? I thought there'd be more discussion about Favreau announcing the Star wars TV show will be set between Ep VI and VII. 7 years after the battle of endor and that he's already written the first half of the season.

Part of me wonders whether it will feature any of the regular cast? Hopefully more in the way "Better call Saul" does by having the odd smaller character pop up.

Seems like a great opportunity to develop Snoke and the first order.

I'd also happily ignore Luke prematurely ageing if they were to have him appear in the show.

This isn't really an issue anymore. They did a great job making CGI younger versions of Micheal Douglas and Kurt Russel in the the marvel movies. I doubt the main cast will really show up but they have to at least do like a hologram of Leia. Maybe the actress who played Mon Mothma in Rogue One would be willing to play an older version of the character for some episodes. I wonder if they'll use any of the animated characters. Saw Gerrera already made the jump from cartoon to live action.

15 minutes ago, RumHam said:

This isn't really an issue anymore. They did a great job making CGI younger versions of Micheal Douglas and Kurt Russel in the the marvel movies. I doubt the main cast will really show up but they have to at least do like a hologram of Leia. Maybe the actress who played Mon Mothma in Rogue One would be willing to play an older version of the character for some episodes. I wonder if they'll use any of the animated characters. Saw Gerrera already made the jump from cartoon to live action.

I guess with the budget Disney will be throwing at this show then digital de-ageing won't be an issue.

Mon Mothma, Saw Gerrera are good shouts as there age won't be an issue. Jimmy Smits character would also fit (although I guess he died in EpIV?). And of course any alien characters will fit. Apparently they are going to use the SFX team/tools from Jungle book and Favreau is keen to have other aliens pop up.

It'd be nice to see some of the Rebels characters appear in the show but I can appreciate how they may want to leave them for Filoni and Kinberg to play with at a later date.

Speaking of I was surprised Star Wars Resistance sounds more like a prequel for Force Awakens characters rather than a continuation of Rebels. Although I guess Rebels initially felt like a departure from clone wars but it quickly became apparent it was a real follow up.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I guess with the budget Disney will be throwing at this show then digital de-ageing won't be an issue.

Mon Mothma, Saw Gerrera are good shouts as there age won't be an issue. Jimmy Smits character would also fit (although I guess he died in EpIV?). And of course any alien characters will fit. Apparently they are going to use the SFX team/tools from Jungle book and Favreau is keen to have other aliens pop up.

It'd be nice to see some of the Rebels characters appear in the show but I can appreciate how they may want to leave them for Filoni and Kinberg to play with at a later date.

Speaking of I was surprised Star Wars Resistance sounds more like a prequel for Force Awakens characters rather than a continuation of Rebels. Although I guess Rebels initially felt like a departure from clone wars but it quickly became apparent it was a real follow up.

Gerrera's dead actually, he decided to stay behind and die for absolutely no reason in Rogue One. I was just using him as an example of someone from the cartoons showing up in a live action star wars thing. 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Gerrera's dead actually, he decided to stay behind and die for absolutely no reason in Rogue One. I was just using him as an example of someone from the cartoons showing up in a live action star wars thing. 

The only characters from the old movies that might be in it are the droids and Chewie.  The problem with where it is being set is that it has to be about Snoke/Thrawn/Ezra.  They have already basically done what is happening in the wider galaxy in that time period in the books (and oh my is it ever complete garbage).  You can't have Luke, Han, or Leia in it without recasting (Fisher passed, Ford hated Star Wars before they killed off Han, and from how Hamill is talking in interviews he's basically done with Star Wars after the shitshow that was episode 8) 

Archived