Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Hope springs eternal, we're all Tantalus here

Sci-2

I think so too and I freaking hate it. Let Ward be a badass villian. If he has to die, let him die as the villian.

Given that it's been hinted at subtly and not-so-subtly that Skye is Ward's moral pet/crush/twoo wuv/whatever, he'll probably die saving her or at least die saying that he loves her.

I realise the biggest hit against Skye's character was when the show shot her activist credentials to hell early in the season, but do they have to make her look extra stupid so often? Her whole "SHIELD was right, I was so wrong" spiel at the beginning was just insipid. The problem isn't that SHIELD's dirty secrets are out, Skye, it's that SHIELD's dirtiest secret was that it had been infiltrated by an organisation hellbent on world domination from its very inception. It's like the writers on this show can't let go of their worship of shadowy, authoritarian organisations. I'm guessing next season Hydra will be revealed as the good guys.

And are we still on finding out the details behind Coulson's resurrection? This is beyond ridiculous.

On the plus side, Ward as a bad guy (and really, there's no coming back from this, though obviously I'm not putting it past the writing team to think otherwise) is indeed much more fun. And Paxton is clearly enjoying chewing on the scenery.

Incidentally, what was the time of year during CAP2? Because I didn't think it was winter, yet in this episode the team is trudging through snow covered Canadian wilderness.

I figured that the base is so far North that there would be snow on the ground all year long.

Is there any minor villain in the Marvel universe they could be setting Ward up as?

Like (Capt Am: Winter Soldier spoiler):

ala Brock Rumlow => Crossbones

I figured that the base is so far North that there would be snow on the ground all year long.

Even up in the Yukon and NW Territories and Nunavut they get something resembling a summer. And in a tundra environment, there aren't huge amounts of snow any time of year. It's a dry cold. The heavy snowfalls tend to be in the mountain/coastal and Great Lakes area

Is a longshot, but

Flag Smasher?

Bob!

Bob, Agent of Hydra, is a sidekick of Deadpool. He is a cowardly young man, Bob was persuaded into joining the criminal organization Hydra by his wife, Allison, who accused him of not being able to hold a steady job. The thought of a stable career with a dental plan also appealed to Bob, though he was disappointed to find out Hydra does not offer full dental like AIM.

Anything so far north to have snow on the ground all year long would have no trees. I've been above the Arctic circle in summer, it's t-shirt weather for a Canadian (at noon, for about 10 minutes), no snow on the ground. But also no trees in sight.

Anything so far north to have snow on the ground all year long would have no trees. I've been above the Arctic circle in summer, it's t-shirt weather for a Canadian (at noon, for about 10 minutes), no snow on the ground. But also no trees in sight.

And while that may very well be true, you may be over thinking it...

And while that may very well be true, you may be over thinking it...

It's Marvel - it's not enough to point out errors we need to explain them for them to get the no-prize. I submit that the weather ray gun that was fired earlier in the season has caused some global weirding hence there was snow and trees in spring/summer in North America.

I think so too and I freaking hate it. Let Ward be a badass villian. If he has to die, let him die as the villian.

He's pretty entertaining as a villain. I'd rather he stay like that as it's a good excuse for him being the dull straight guy beforehand.

Not sure they could turn him into a marvel villain but there's plenty of them with virtually unknown pasts and with Ward it's clear that isn't his real name. They could easily reveal his name to be a known Marvel villain.

The show has picked up of late. I still don't buy for a second that this was their plan all along but they are doing some interesting retcons that are working. The only disappointment is that Garret is the Clairvoyant. I appreciate the "twist" they were going for with him being a mundane person but it still seems beyond his actual scheming abilities.

I still find it odd at how colour-blind the new Hydra is. Not sure what's more odd - them having so many non "aryans" working for them or the fact that so many different ethnic groups are working for a Nazi spin-off group. I can see why an all ages show is trying to avoid that type of thing but it's almost an injustice to ignore it. At least Ward and Garret fit the bill and it looks like Raina is at least raising an eyebrow for working for Hydra. It's just that no-one is raising the subject at all that strikes me as odd.

Also, the ratings for the cap tie-in episodes are still terrible. If this was the shows plan then it has failed badly as it seems a lot of the initial viewers see the show as toxic and are not coming back.

This arc continues to be fun. Surprised Koenig went out this early, and I actually felt bad for Skye when she realised that she was trapped, all alone, with a trained killer somewhere in sub-arctic Canada, and all the frantic digging through bathroom closets was not magically going to get her out of there. I assume she left a message on the screen showing New York for the rest of the team to find, though. And she was even smart enough to put the coin back. Maybe there's hope for her.

And Ward can't come back from this, can he? Seriously, why is it that both here and on Arrow, the biggest question I ask myself every week is whether the writers will be stupid enough to take a character in a direction inconsistent with what we've seen on screen?

Villain of the week was again of the bland and boring variety, though. I guess introducing the Cellist wasn't so much about adding to Coulson's story as it was to give him a reason to leave so Ward could kidnap Skye. Still, when they were attacking Mr. Darkforce with experimental beam weapons I was wondering if they couldn't at least have thrown in some Ghostbusters references or something to liven it up a little.

Best part of last week's episode ... Skye is officially Mary Sue!

I think that might be as close to an acknolwedgement that they fucked up we're going to get. Or maybe they did it to be ironic, in a hipster kind of way.

Archived