Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Hope springs eternal, we're all Tantalus here

Sci-2

The reason I think that Ward is a plant to lead Colson & Hand to the Hydra Hierarchy is that I doubt that they'll kill off Victoria Hand... Ward put 4 rounds in her... I would venture to say that they were those fugazy- i-forgot-the-name bullets, and not the holy sht shes really dead bullets

Ward's body count is growing too large for him not to be legit. He fired two more shots into the heads of those SHIELD agents in the elevator. Victoria Hand could just as easily return, regardless of Ward's alignment. They could just reveal she used a LMD to flush Ward out.

Besides, Victoria Hand is dead in the comics, as well. The show killing her off isn't exactly sacrilege. She was barely around long enough to leave a lasting impression.

I realise the biggest hit against Skye's character was when the show shot her activist credentials to hell early in the season, but do they have to make her look extra stupid so often? Her whole "SHIELD was right, I was so wrong" spiel at the beginning was just insipid. The problem isn't that SHIELD's dirty secrets are out, Skye, it's that SHIELD's dirtiest secret was that it had been infiltrated by an organisation hellbent on world domination from its very inception. It's like the writers on this show can't let go of their worship of shadowy, authoritarian organisations. I'm guessing next season Hydra will be revealed as the good guys.

And are we still on finding out the details behind Coulson's resurrection? This is beyond ridiculous.

On the plus side, Ward as a bad guy (and really, there's no coming back from this, though obviously I'm not putting it past the writing team to think otherwise) is indeed much more fun. And Paxton is clearly enjoying chewing on the scenery.

Incidentally, what was the time of year during CAP2? Because I didn't think it was winter, yet in this episode the team is trudging through snow covered Canadian wilderness.

The reason I think that Ward is a plant to lead Colson & Hand to the Hydra Hierarchy is that I doubt that they'll kill off Victoria Hand... Ward put 4 rounds in her... I would venture to say that they were those fugazy- i-forgot-the-name bullets, and not the holy sht shes really dead bullets

The Night Night gun bullets give off a blue light when they connect. Garrett would have noticed.

I really enjoyed yesterday's episode and would be very happy with a Garrett/Ward buddy evil team as the focus of the show. They were pretty funny. There were moments I cringed but Ward being evil and showing personality really made up for it. He's an infinitely more interesting character now.

I do wonder though if they planned on Ward being evil from the beginning or because of all the backlash early in the season, they decided to change their direction. There are definitely a lot more opportunities now for a good show than there was prior to last episode. The Fridge break more or less guarantees some interesting baddies and we finally get the gravitonium back in play.

Not a huge fan of the love triangle they're starting with Tripplet/Fitz/Simmons. They should really keep the Fitz/Simmons relationship like brother/sister and leave it at that.

I liked this episode a lot, liked Ward going all evil and setting Garrett up as Coulson's main adversary and the face of Hydra for some time to come. Liked Simmons standing up to Coulson, to get Triplett on the plane.

One thing that bugged me a bit was the Fridge break in. SHIELD's super secret base in the North has automated defenses that are so sensitive they react to Coulson's badge, yet their most secure facility allows a fully armed attack helicopter to fly right up to the front door and open fire without any response.

One thing that bugged me a bit was the Fridge break in. SHIELD's super secret base in the North has automated defenses that are so sensitive they react to Coulson's badge, yet their most secure facility allows a fully armed attack helicopter to fly right up to the front door and open fire without any response.

Don't think about it too much or your head will hurt and the enjoyment you felt will be utterly diminished. Everything about that scene was idiotic (except the Ward/Garrett interactions), including hiding the most secret and powerful weapons the world has seen (or not in a lot of cases) in a prison full of the world's most dangerous criminals which happens to be located on the secure location of a beach (real good foundation there...) in a monster tower.

Personally, I'm ignoring all that and just focusing on all the baddies that will be released and Garrett getting his hands on some fun toys.

I do wonder though if they planned on Ward being evil from the beginning or because of all the backlash early in the season, they decided to change their direction.

Same here. The turn reminded me a *lot* of Dollhouse's last-minute need for a villain and the reveal of the one character who obviously was *never* intended to be that. I feel this smells like a retcon, but screw that, let's just roll with it.

I'm tired of hearing "Romanoff" being thrown around in completely irrelevant contexts by now. We get it, it's a tie-in TV series.

Patton Oswalt was kinda fun. I suppose he'll be a semi-member of the team from now on, minding the base and spilling secrets tiny bits at a time.

Any idea who the "follow your dream" guy was?

Same here. The turn reminded me a *lot* of Dollhouse's last-minute need for a villain and the reveal of the one character who obviously was *never* intended to be that. I feel this smells like a retcon, but screw that, let's just roll with it.

Well they claim that there are "clues" to this plan in earlier episodes, but that probably just sounds better than "we went back and rewatched some earlier episodes to figure out which of our bland characters would be the most creditible villain in retrospect".

I'm tired of hearing "Romanoff" being thrown around in completely irrelevant contexts by now. We get it, it's a tie-in TV series.

To me this is annoying more because of said bland characters. We've got some fun villains now, but we have no characters to root for that are anywhere near as interesting (or even competent) as those from the movies.

Well, IMO, Ward proved that he was allied with Paxton. No way he could be an agent of Shield infiltrating Hydra after the body count he is racking up. That would just be beyond belief.

I would really like them make Ward have a "no turn back" moment by forcing skye to unlock the "box" and then offing her. Man, no matter how hot I think she is, I just can't get over the shear stupidity of her story/character arc. I just don't see any where for her character to go that would be interesting.or even logical.

Patton Oswalt being in the secret base was hilarious. I loved his line about Call of Duty and asking Coulson if he plays, Coulson's response of "of course" was great.

Overall I like where its going, if they could just get rid of Skye. Kill her off and let everyone mourn her "heroism" and let the rest of us move on.

Overall I like where its going, if they could just get rid of Skye. Kill her off and let everyone mourn her "heroism" and let the rest of us move on.

I don't know if it's how gorgeous I find her, but I'm somewhat sympathetic to her.

If they could just tone down the make up, and have her find a shred of her dignity and activism, I would be okay with her shifted into a side role.

Archived