Star Wars: Episode VII: A New Hopedawn's Empire Strikes Jedi in the Sith

Werthead

It's most likely neither. The wings don't look like they separate to be an xwing. Z95's have only 2 guns.

Like I said last page, it's the new X-wing design. Slightly updated for the time that's passed between ROTJ and the new movie.

It could be. I'll be curious as too how long the name officially stays a secret

Someone asked them on Twitter and they (whoever @starwars is) said it is an Episode VII X-Wing.

https://twitter.com/starwars/statuses/491196351422554112

I hope that the enthusiasm Abrams has for showing off all of this stuff along the way can be channeled into making the final product something good.

• 1 month later...

As people point out in the Twitter comments, it looks like the wings split one from behind the other (like a couple of the prequel trilogy proto-X-Wings) rather than straight down the middle.

Also, similar to the original X-Wing concept art by Ralph McQuarrie.

I prefer the 4-engine design, rather than 2 engines that split.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some new leaked concept art apparently. It may contain spoilers if theres anyone here that don't even want to know what certain things will look like, but other than that, it's not much.

http://www.heyuguys.com/spoiler-filled-new-concept-art-star-wars-episode-vii-leaks-online/

I'm a fan of Star Wars, even though I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan in the world. I have some knowledge of the universe but nothing special. And I think this looks really, really good, from a visual standpoint. I love how the new sith villain is looking, especially in the picture where he is holding Vader's helmet.

So I think this can turn out to be good, and the casting in general has been solid. I am a bit worried that Disney it now, and I hope they don't get to light on the content. They do have the PotC movies and they do seem light in some aspects, even though they are entertaining. I'd want a Star Wars which is dark and really explores the jedi aspect, or as dark as you can take a pg11 movie. Although I'm sure they will be entertaining movies, and visually astounding, but I wonder how they will deliver in the story department. Hopefully they blend the light and dark moments well, kinda like episode 3 did. And of course the original trilogy is brilliant, but that doesn't really eneds to be pointed out.

Anyway, it's only about a year waiting left, if it comes out around winter 2015, and that's actually not that long. Take a look at the concept art, I'd be interested to hear more knowledgeable Star Wars fans opinions on it.

They look fine to me. But I've never been concerned about where they are going visually. I'm sure it will look great and there will be a little extra lens flare, but it will all come down to story and tone.

They look fine to me. But I've never been concerned about where they are going visually. I'm sure it will look great and there will be a little extra lens flare, but it will all come down to story and tone.

Yeah well, if you had read the rest of my post then you would have seen I also care about story and tone, but you seemed to read half the post and then give an ignorant answer suggesting i enjoy overused lens flares.

Anyway I think the visuals is a part of star wars and the visuals are definitely something that can give a hint about tone. But you keep on with your asinine comments.

I like the look of the concept art so far. We seem to have the more rugged feel of the Original Trilogy than the shiny fakeness of the prequels.

Yeah well, if you had read the rest of my post then you would have seen I also care about story and tone, but you seemed to read half the post and then give an ignorant answer suggesting i enjoy overused lens flares.

Anyway I think the visuals is a part of star wars and the visuals are definitely something that can give a hint about tone. But you keep on with your asinine comments.

:worried: Not sure that that was called for.

Some new leaked concept art apparently. It may contain spoilers if theres anyone here that don't even want to know what certain things will look like, but other than that, it's not much.

http://www.heyuguys.com/spoiler-filled-new-concept-art-star-wars-episode-vii-leaks-online/

I'm a fan of Star Wars, even though I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan in the world. I have some knowledge of the universe but nothing special. And I think this looks really, really good, from a visual standpoint. I love how the new sith villain is looking, especially in the picture where he is holding Vader's helmet.

I hope it's fake (really nice work either way) as I'd say

that was the emperor almost resurrected (and deformed) than a new villain. I guess he's maybe collecting sith artefacts though and likes hoodies.

Is that a C3PO cyborg in there too?

Edited as I realised the images could be spoilers, sorry.

:worried: Not sure that that was called for.

I'm a hundred percent sure it wasn't called for. Nothing I said had anything to do with anything they said.

I bet they're an absolute peach to hang around with.

Edit: Overly harsh original response.

Archived