Favorite female character?

Defeatarion

The problem with Asha is that I don't buy her as a warrior. She's average size and build for a woman yet she manages to kill A bunch of fully armed and armored men at deep wood motte? No way. She's like a fantasy warrior pirate babe. Plus she doesn't appear to have ever struggled with the kinds of issues Brienne did with acceptance due to her sex. Sorry, but in a culture as misogynistic as Westeros, Asha being accepted as an equal by IB fighters is just not happening. She's so anachronistic I wouldn't be surprised to see her in boob plate next time.

I fully agree. She's basically the book version of the show version of the Sand Snakes. How were they called, B-movie bad girls? Because of his comments about archetypes, I could believe he meant for her to be a subversion of the fantasy warrior pirate babe, but maybe just forgot about subverting her.

Dany as my first choice for she is just one badass conqueror. I know her ruling manners lack some actual brilliance but I still root for her because I see potential in her.

Second place is probably Arya. First off she's a Stark. Secondly I love her, badass character, humorous and the reader just has been with her from the very start

I fully agree. She's basically the book version of the show version of the Sand Snakes. How were they called, B-movie bad girls? Because of his comments about archetypes, I could believe he meant for her to be a subversion of the fantasy warrior pirate babe, but maybe just forgot about subverting her.

Yes. I Actually had very little problem with her pre ADWD. Seems like at some point GRRM got lazy and made her pirate warrior babe out of laziness/to expedite the plot. Prior to that I had assumed that she was no warrior (just a captain/naval commander), and that she did have previous struggles due to her sex, that we just hadn't been shown yet. But, apparently not?

• Brienne
  • Catelyn
i love strong women.
Thing is, we only see strong women POV's on asoiaf, not one Meek woman has made it as a POV. When you only put strong women in it, it becomes sort of forced.

Well I guess Sansa was Meek but yeah..

Arya, Dany, Cat, Olenna, Book Ellaria, Brienne, even Cersei...........there are so many well written women.
I do not care if someone is "a Stark", "a Targaryen", "a Lannister" or whatever. I am interested in fascinating individuals, not in families or Houses. This is not football where you have to root for a favorite team, this is literature.

The show made me like Cersei more than her book version and they even made me like show Sansa. While I dislike show Ellaria despite loving the actress.

Asha is awesome, smart, and practical, if only she had agreed with Theon in ACoK instead of following Balon blindly...

Also Alysane Mormont is cool and so is Arianne, Brienne, and Olenna who is hilariously awesome. I'd say Dany but her storyline might as well be the definition of Deus ex Machina.

Asha is awesome, smart, and practical, if only she had agreed with Theon in ACoK instead of following Balon blindly...
Also Alysane Mormont is cool and so is Arianne, Brienne, and Olenna who is hilariously awesome. I'd say Dany but her storyline might as well be the definition of Deus ex Machina.

You might have a point if she popped up in the final act with dragons out of nowhere, but she's had them since the first book.

Asha, because she is Asha. Smarter than any ironborn, family-hearted and a good warrior without pointless violence and a good sense of rethoric and humour.

Val, because I believe she'll rise as a major character and that she deserve it (and she's hot too).

• Brienne
  • Catelyn
i love strong women.
I don't see Cat as a strong women. How long was she by Bran's bed being a bitch to everybody? She couldn't handle not having Sansa so she releases Jaime. Cat felt she was entitled, and she caused the lives of many lords and her Son. Foolish weak Women, she killed the Starks when she captured Tyrion, she killed the Starks when she let Jaime go. Hell Cat could've allied with Stannis after Renly's death, but no she had to save poor Brienne.

Dany is Strong, Arya is Strong,Brienne is strong, Cat is not in my opinion.

Archived