Football LXXXII: It begins with the Community Shield

Mexal

I just noticed the Community Shield is on BT Sports. That's a pain in the arse, I wanted to watch it but not really enough to be arsed dragging myself out to the pub. This sporting events being on channels I don't have thing is irritating.

Line ups announced for Community Shield.

Arsenal team vs Man City: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo

Man City XI vs Arsenal: Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure ©, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko

Looks like it'll be a bit slow on the Arsenal side to start and then hopefully Campbell/Chambo comes in to add some pace/directness to the team. Wilshere starting in the #10 role and Cazorla once again starting on the LW where he is more or less useless. This will probably be pretty close to our starting XI without Mertesacker/Ozil.

The Real Yaya is starting, can't ask for anything more than that. Also, apparently Arsenal have only played 4 pre-season matches compared to the rest of the top teams ( who have played 6), can't say that does not worry me a bit.

The Real Yaya is starting, can't ask for anything more than that. Also, apparently Arsenal have only played 4 pre-season matches compared to the rest of the top teams ( who have played 6), can't say that does not worry me a bit.

Doesn't bother me at all in a World Cup year.

Line ups announced for Community Shield.

Arsenal team vs Man City: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo

This will probably be pretty close to our starting XI without Mertesacker/Ozil.

I would think Giroud would usually start as well. Ox and Walcott should also be contenders to start. Maybe Rosicky as well. It's a very deep team.

I would think Giroud would usually start as well. Ox and Walcott should also be contenders to start. Maybe Rosicky as well. It's a very deep team.

Lots of options attacking wise with chamberlain, Rosicky, Giroud/Sanogo and Campbell off the bench and even more when Walcott comes back. Still short a DM though.

He is a PR nightmare.

Didn't see the game, but if he didn't want to be under constant scrutiny above and beyond the team, he should have gone to a city where he wouldn't have been the highest salary and highest media recognition. Indeed he did play for team USA in a world cup. Too bad he doesn't play like it.

Archived