Football LXXXIV - Expecting League champions vs runners-up match tonight

baxus

Sky Sports News just interviewed our main man Txiki Begiristain (pronounced Cheeky):

SSN: Is it true you wanted Angel di Maria?

Cheeky: Hahaha, no. At that price? Hahahhahaha

Good man

At this point I want to talk about Ludogorets Razgrad.

Through to the CL after a last-minute equaliser forced a penalty shootout against Steaua Bucharest. But not content with that, their goalie was then sent off, so they did the shootout with a centre-half in goal. Said centre-half scored the first penalty for Razgrad and then went on to save two: they won 6-5. Oh, and the centre-half in question was a Romanian who spent seven years with Dinamo Bucharest.

And their reward for all this is games against Real Madrid and Liverpool.

This sort of story is why we love football.

Jesus this thread moves fast. Harder to keep up with than the US Politics thread

yeah, did we ever discuss the travesty that is rooney being the new england captain? despite being about the least qualified person in the world for the job, petulant, surly, incoherant and now apparently undroppable, despite having his last good game for england 10 fucking years ago.

yeah, did we ever discuss the travesty that is rooney being the new england captain? despite being about the least qualified person in the world for the job, petulant, surly, incoherant and now apparently undroppable, despite having his last good game for england 10 fucking years ago.

Completely expected. Who else would have been made captain? Rest of the team is so young.

Pretty happy with Liverpool's draw, should be able to get through and we get a European night with Madrid. Chelsea's luck know no boundaries as usual, and an unfortunate draw for City. Should be some very interesting games this year though, very very happy just to see Liverpool back in it!

BTW Wayne Rooney as Captain must be an utter joke

Man U are selling Cleverley :(

For money? I assumed he would be offered to someone in the customer loyalty program of the official south Asian outdoor lighting commercial partner.

Fun draw for Liverpool: RM galacticos, Bulgarian Cinderella story and the boring but potential banana skin from Basel.

At this point I want to talk about Ludogorets Razgrad.

Through to the CL after a last-minute equaliser forced a penalty shootout against Steaua Bucharest. But not content with that, their goalie was then sent off, so they did the shootout with a centre-half in goal. Said centre-half scored the first penalty for Razgrad and then went on to save two: they won 6-5. Oh, and the centre-half in question was a Romanian who spent seven years with Dinamo Bucharest.

And their reward for all this is games against Real Madrid and Liverpool.

This sort of story is why we love football.

And this is sort of why you hate it right now if you're Bulgarian :laugh: Our boys were so spectacular last night, but you can't always be lucky I guess...

Completely expected. Who else would have been made captain? Rest of the team is so young.

i don't see why you have to have 'a captain', pick the most appropriate person on a game by game basis (which rooney if he is starting is probably 11th best candidate), captaincy in football is largely ceremonial anyway (even though it is ceremonial i don't think he should be given a reward for a history of failure and appalling behavior).

Not a bad draw for Liverpool. Basel will be no pushovers but I expect Liverpool to get through behind Real Madrid. City have got the toughest draw but I have a feeling that they will win the group ahead of Bayern. I think that Group C will end up being the tightest of the groups with four pretty evenly matched teams.

Got a sneaky feeling that Liverpool's defence will let them down in the Champion's League. Every single time its been tested so far its been found wanting. Don't see why this will be different.

Got a sneaky feeling that Liverpool's defence will let them down in the Champion's League. Every single time its been tested so far its been found wanting. Don't see why this will be different.

Gary Neville sorted it all out for us on Sky.Thanks Gary!

Quite happy with the draw.

Real will batter them, but they should still get through. Basel can spring surprises, but I think Liverpool's attacking options will overwhelm them in the end.

They'll struggle in the first knockouts, though, whoever they get.

If Cleverley goes to Aston Villa, I fully expect him to be pretty good.

Eta, stuff from earlier about Zaha:

The guy was not given a fair crack at United. Would take him over Young.

Because he's fucking pish. He seemed a pointless buy before we got him, he seemed like a pointless by for the whole season we 'had' him, and he seems like a pointless buy now. He's got some skills but no hint of a football brain, like a bigger dumber Obertan- he was never going to make it and there's no sense in pretending he might for another year.

Archived