True Detective X - Bring Ginger Into Your Heart (Season One spoilers, Season Two speculation / casting)

SpaceChampion

Rust probably died of blood alcohol poisoning.

I liked the ending of season I - it's unlikely that Rust has a happy ending, but where the story ends, we're left with the (very unlikely) possibility that 'maybe' he got one.

I'm kind of jazzed about season 2. It sounds promising.

Bronn,

I will have to agree to disagree and you will have to agree to be wrong :p

This is a guy who was carving angels from beer cans in some weird personal ritual just weeks before solving the case. The epiphany is forced and does not resonate with a sensible viewer. Rust was too far gone to change that quickly

Doesn't that depend upon the type of epiphany? He had rather a life changing experience. I'd be shocked at anyone coming out of that unchanged.

[eta]

I agree with Kal and Shryke.

Normal people can have such epiphanies. But not as one far gone as Rustin Cohle.

I on the other can am capable of letting go. Even if it means leaving you with your fiction that ends with the equivalent of a magic hat making a snowman sing and dance.

Bronn,

Let me put it another way. Cohle said all the nihilistic words but his behavior and the degree to which he cared about this case was a long way short of real nihilism.

Another thing about him was that he had an almost incessant need to proselytize his viewpoint. This was in direct opposition to his viewpoint. Those arguing that it would take years for him to change aren't factoring in the fact that it wasn't his entire personality and outlook that was changing, just his perception of it.

Enough of this though. The entire point of this show was to introduce us to the great Ginger, and you guys are masking it with all of this Rust talk.

• 2 months later...

So is Season 2 going to premiere after GoT Season 5, or are they going to hold it until the Fall? They're being very quiet about this. Too quiet.

Yeah, they've released some shots, but I haven't seen anything on an air date.

Archived