True Detective X - Bring Ginger Into Your Heart (Season One spoilers, Season Two speculation / casting)

SpaceChampion

::highfive

Nothing that has been announced about this season excites me. The C.F. casting makes me actively NOT want to care. I just... Don't like him.

The movie that made me change my mind about him was the Fright Night remake, believe it or not. He was actually very, very good in that.

He's only doing the first two eps and I'm sure he will be good. Interested to see what other directors they will line up. My expectations aren't shot at all. I have 100% faith in HBOs casting tbh and the choices announced so far have done nothing to dent that..I thinks its funny people are already kinda writing season 2 off.

Yes, I have faith in HBO as well and actually like CF so I'm down with that choice.

I was flipping through the channels and landed on The Secret Life of Walter Mitty for a second and saw some guy singing karoke who looked familiar. It ended up being Dewall..."and I don't like your face, it makes me wanna do things to it." Legend.

Mark,

He's only doing the first two eps and I'm sure he will be good. Interested to see what other directors they will line up. My expectations aren't shot at all. I have 100% faith in HBOs casting tbh and the choices announced so far have done nothing to dent that..I thinks its funny people are already kinda writing season 2 off.

I imagine there will be lots of car chases. That hasn't been done before.

:P

i've seen things where vince vaughn had a chance to be good and was bad - Psycho (the filmis bad but I'd argue you could still shine in that role). The other three have all had good turns prior to true detective. I hope he can surprise me.

I'm totally on board with Farrell, he's great when he gets to be a bit weird. It doesn't have to be anything near Rust levels, just so long as he's not standard, bland leading man. Vaughn is a risk, but I as I said a while back when he was first rumored, he has a certain maniac energy that could potentially be put to really good use in a drama. Is it clear yet if he's a detective or the villain?

And Lin's a great choice too, if the scripts are well done. The Fast & Furious movies are really dumb, but that's just what they are; in terms of just direction though, I think they're really good. I've never had trouble following the action scenes and there's lots of neat shots.

Vaughn was really good in Swingers and Made, but then again those are comedies.

I think he is pretty good in comedy roles but unless True Detective 2.0 is very different in tone he's going to have to show some more range. I doubt they'd cast him solely for name recognition though and they did a good job last season with casting.

Vaughn is a risk, but I as I said a while back when he was first rumored, he has a certain maniac energy that could potentially be put to really good use in a drama. Is it clear yet if he's a detective or the villain?

I read that he's meant to be a career criminal trying to go straight and one of his partners-in-crime gets murdered. I got the impression he wasn't going to be the villain, although I guess we don't know that for sure yet.

I think the idea's supposed to be that Farrell is a bent cop stuck between the cops and the mob who both want a murder investigated. And Vaughn is the boss who owns him. So he's a criminal but not the main antagonist, who's presumably the killer.

Archived