Help create my wedding playlist!

all swedes are racist

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :thumbsup:

We wrote a playlist but had a DJ as well, we emailed it to him. He just didn't bother playing the ones he didn't like :lol: (apparently it's very difficult to obtain Black Sabbath Paranoid in Poland?)

We had songs that were significant for some of the guests, like our parents and siblings, as well as random songs that we (I) liked at the time (for example - Kansas Carry on Wayward Son because I was well into Supernatural). Some of our guests brought a playlist of their own for us which we made him play. There was also random insertions of pop and dance tunes that I wouldn't have picked but were fun. Such as that Sak Noel Loca People What the Fuck song.

All kinds of awesome stuff here. Thanks again all, and also appreciate all the well wishes.

Some cool stuff I need to check out as well, but just want to shout out to Inigima for that All Mighty Senators video. Dope stuff, I'm going to try to find some more stuff tomorrow, so thanks for that

Congratulations! Best wishes for you and your lady :cheers:

I have no idea what kind of songs are played at weddings in other countries, but if by chance you want some salsa, cumbia or bailanta to spice up things with a touch of latino, I can recommend some songs.

What is with all of this love song shit, you sappy fucks? It's like you've never met RRL. (OK, most of you haven't. But still.)

RRL, you need some Bessie Smith. You need some Manowar. You need some Wu-Tang Clan. And for chrissake, make goddamned sure you have some Danzig.

Ahahahaha so true. Though in fairness to those other sappy fucks ( ;) ), Mrs Red will appreciate the love stuff. I've also been known to show a soft side (usually right after molting)

But Danzig is a great one, I had totally blanked on. Maybe "13", seeing as we just celebrated 13 years together... Best of both worlds!

I'll try to post a least a partial selection of what I have so far...

Possibly my favourite one of ours was The Origin of Love from the soundtrack to Hedwig and the Angry Inch. My sister referred to playing that during the ceremony as trolling my own wedding, given that in the UK at the time marriage was legally defined as being between a man and a woman.

I can also recommend the London Symphony Orchestra's cover of Purple Rain if you want some non-vocal.

He's a small portion of what we have so far, for anyone that's interested. To keep things fresh, I'm excluding anything already suggested in the thread, but I am lovi g lots of what y'all are bringing. Thanks again my dearies

Aretha Franklin - Rocksteady

Barrington Levy - Here I Come

Modest Mouse - Polar Opposites

Grace Jones - Pull Up to the Bumper

MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (motherfucker!)

Kurt Vile - Baby's Arms (cue live studio audience's "aww"s and other sappy sounds)

Bowie - all of it (Myshkin totally has the right of it, of course)

Betty Davis - Shoo B Boop and Cop Him, Dirty Girl

Etta James - At Last (it's been 13 years, gotta acknowledge that...)

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Spellbound

Talking Heads - Life During Wartime

TRex - I Wanna Boogie

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call me Maybe (fuck you, it's my wedding!)

Will Olham - O Let it Be

The Meters - Just Kissed My Baby

The Coasters - Down In Mexico (originally for the whole garter bit, but we're skipping all the circus shit)

The magnetic Fields - The Book of Love, Lets Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits

Iron Maiden - Two Minutes to Midnight (I'm thinking for last call)

Sean Paul - Temperature

Ol Dirty Bastard - Shimmy Shimmy Ya

Archived