If you had to adopt and raise one wild, extinct, or mythical animal...

Sci-2

I've got a standing promise to one of my daughters that, when she grows up and has her own place, can provide appropriate care and accommodations, and lives somewhere where it is legal, I will buy her a pygmy marmoset. I warned her that they aren't cuddly, are prone to biting and poo dispersing, and they really do better in groups than by themselves. But in her head all she heard was, "you should get lots of them."

Baby bisons are cute

Not for long.

I want a dæmon from HDM.

I like that idea too. But what if it turned out to be a dung beetle or something similarly unimpressive? I'm not sure I'd want my soul to resemble something whose entire life's meaning was tied up in pushing a pile of shit around.

Although, it would be incredibly apt.

I think I'll settle for a dodo. I've always wanted a dodo.

I will be one of the boring ones that says direwolf. Less trainable than a dog, but still somewhat trainable, can guard the house, has to be walked often ... but also big, cuddly, and warm.

Or a talking owl. Just to surprise all the visitors and keep me company and give sassy, somewhat rude, smart-ass remarks to everybody.

I like that idea too. But what if it turned out to be a dung beetle or something similarly unimpressive? I'm not sure I'd want my soul to resemble something whose entire life's meaning was tied up in pushing a pile of shit around.

Although, it would be incredibly apt.

I think I'll settle for a dodo. I've always wanted a dodo.

I have given much thought to what mine would be lol. Probably something totally lame like a slug.

Archived