Awesome new author for George R. R. Martin fans

MaybeMike

Thank you! I'm currently reading the blog, a great beginner's guide to Stanek :lmao: I have plenty of entertainment for the time being ;)

--

Conspiracy theory: what if Mike Miller is Stanek in disguise.. :leaving:

Probably not, this dude is way too amateur for Stanek

Sometimes at work, I stare at the tree tops and the horizon, like Kant at his steeple, contemplating whether or not the Stanek that visitied this board was the real one or not.

I hadn't been so excited for a Stanek visit since Lies of Locke Lamorra came out...

Sometimes at work, I stare at the tree tops and the horizon, like Kant at his steeple, contemplating whether or not the Stanek that visitied this board was the real one or not.

And you come to realize that Stanek is only perceivable through the prism of human experience, and so the truth of him can never be fully known.

I'll give it a shot...

Stanek = Budweiser Clamato Chelada. It poops into your soul.

Goodkind = Milwaukee's Best. So Horrible,it's memorable.

GRRM = A well made IPA. If you can appreciate it you'll like it. Otherwise, you'll be repulsed.

Robert Jordan = Budweiser. Everyone used to think it was good until better things came along and it was recognized for its mediocrity.

Abercrombie = Java Stout. Clash of flavors, very memorable, and it somehow works.

http://www.mustlovebeer.com/public/album_photo/ed/44/44a9_46d7.jpg?c=350b

Terry Brooks = Coors Lite. Mass produced and bad.

Christopher Paolini = O'Douls. There is absolutely no point in drinking it.

Sanderson = A good German-style Blonde. It takes what we're used to, but makes it so much better.

Stover is whatever you think the best beer is.

Wolfe is an imperial stout, sipped slowly fireside, making time stand still.

Rowling is Mike's Hard Lemonade

Bakker is a sour saison consumed at room temperature: some will tell you it's the greatest beer they've ever had, while it's completely undrinkable for most

Stephen King is New Castle - seems like it's really good and you've drank it for years, but now going back to it after experiencing so many other beers, the finish sucks and you can't quite remember why you drank it exclusively for so long.

Pratchett is a cider made with champagne yeast - you're amused, it goes down easy, and you wonder why you don't drink it more often.

Robert Jordan = Budweiser. Everyone used to think it was good until better things came along and it was recognized for its mediocrity.

This is an absolutely terrible comparison.

When did anyone think Budweiser was good? What was wrong with those people?

I'll give it a shot...

Christopher Paolini = O'Douls. There is absolutely no point in drinking it.

No, Paolini is like Fosters. People who've never had beer think it's ok, but after having the real deal you realise it's camel's piss.

All this talk of craft beers requires some sort of input from Mr X and X-Ray. They would be the ones to get cracking on developing On Fire With Hate in time for Boskone.

Excuse me. I already called dibs on that beer name.

I don't really associate Brettanomyces with hatred, only mild disappointment.

If including the microbiology is important, then I think a classic Stingo (a soured strong dark ale, for those who aren't familiar with historical beer styles) would be a good option.

You're right. It doesn't really go with a Brett beer, it's just that we happen to be brewing one next and I am super keen to use the name. I'll revert to my usual policy of recording all potential beer names and then waiting until the beer has been packaged before choosing one. We have a couple of longer term projects planned for sours, maybe it'll suit one of those. Our last brew was a white wine BA saison - could work for that. Maaaaaybe.

This is an absolutely terrible comparison.

When did anyone think Budweiser was good? What was wrong with those people?

I thought it was spot on. After a few too many kegs of Keystone Light I loved the parties that actually had Bud. Drinking it now though? Not a chance.

Said it many times; best part of leaving college is I never have to drink Key again.

First sentences from The Yeti

This world was white. There were no shades, shapes, nor colours here. There was simply the purity of absolute whiteness since everything else was obliterated from existence. In every direction the eye could see, this blank void extended to infinity.

The redundancy of the redundancy in those three sentences is staggering.

Archived