Small Questions v.10094

Jon Weirgaryen

I don't have a first edition, but I believe the difference was that Viserys II went from being Aegon III's son to his brother.

Ah yes. That was the case I misremembered.

Still, Jaehaerys I the Old King was there from the beginning.

Help me out. Which chapter is it that a dragon is likened to a sword? I'm fairly certain it's a Tyrion POV in ADWD but I can't find the exact quote....

When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.

From Dany POV in ADwD.

When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.

From Dany POV in ADwD.

HA that is it!! I knew you'd know it. Thanks!

From Dany POV in ADwD.

Wow, I never noticed that one. Are there still people who think Lightbringer 2.0 is an actual sword?

is there a rough estimate on how many people Arya has murdered?

Why rough estimate? It's not like Arya is mass murderer whose death toll numbers in thousands, so we're reduced to estimates instaed of concrete figures. We actually have her POV through the books, so we can count her kills. So, unless I missed someone, it goes:

- stableboy in KL

- maybe someone in battle while she was defending keep with Yoren in ACOK

- Bolton guard in Harrenhall

- squire in inn while fighting alongside Sandor

- Daeron the singer

- her first kill as FM while wearing disguise of Beth

- Raff the Sweetling

edit: spellcheck

What is the Illemonati theory? Is there a link? I can't find it.

It's a pretty witty pun on words Illuminati and lemon. There are several takes on it, but the basis is that lemon trees don't grow in Braavos, so there's something fishy with Dany recollection of her childhood (she often remembers house with a red door and a lemon tree in Braavos where she lived as a kid).

I think this is when it first appeared: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/87889-there-are-no-lemon-trees-in-braavos-questioning-danys-childhood/?hl=lemon

And this is another take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR5qy-8UtU

Why rough estimate? It's not like Arya is mass murderer whose death toll numbers in thousands, so we're reduced to estimates instaed of concrete figures. We actually have her POV through the books, so we can count her kills.

Well if we're talking killed, it's unclear how many men she killed defending that tower when Lorch attacked. I wouldn't call those murders though.

What would happen if two skinchangers of equal power - assuming both were as powerful as Bran/Bloodraven, attempted to skinchange into each other? Furthermore, what if a skinchanger takes over a person, and then an even more powerful skinchanger tries to take over that same person; would the more powerful one kick the weaker one out of that person's mind and take over instead?

From Game 24, after Bran has woken up :

Maester Luwin had sent a bird after Lord Eddard with a message, and another to Mother and a third to Jon on the Wall, but there had been no answers.

Where do you think the raven for Catelyn was sent, knowing she's supposed to travel incognito to King's Landing ??

Archived