Watch Watched and Watching: Episode X

AndyBaelish

Saw two movies today.

The Aviator: I thought this was quite good actually. The first hour was a bit jumpy and was dragging but after that it really got started. I actually think this is my favorite Scorsese movie from the 00's. It felt more like the movies he made in the 70's and 80's in some way, with an intense character study, and even if it's not as good as early Scorsese it's still a really good and gripping movie.

Once Upon a Time in the West: I saw this around two years ago and really liked the movie back then. But this time around, damn, I liked it even more and definitely stand behind those who call it a masterpiece. I think I'd put this in my top 10 of the best movies ever made. Everything is just beautiful and contemplative and melancholic at the same time. Acting and dialogue is perfect. Cinematography and environments are all stunning and the story is really good. Everything about the movie is just so damn good, and the characters are brilliantly executed. I have a hard time naming flaws in the movie, but it takes some concentration though, because it's very slow and long scenes, but that's the whole charm with it. It's as slow as real life but at the same time not, considering all that's going on in it. Fonda has one of the greatest movie villains ever, Bronson and Robards are great as flawed heroes/anti-heroes. And Claudia Cardinale works perfect as the strong, very beautiful woman in the center of the story. I've read somewhere that someone called this the movie-to-end-all-movies because he claimed it doesn't get much better then this, and although I don't have it as my absolute favorite movie, I could definitely get behind some who says that about this movie.

The wife wanted me to watch Mockingjay with her. It was a lot better than I expected. Now I'll have to watch Hunger Games and Catching Fire.

Also, my daughter and I have recently finished the first season of Justice League. Now, whenever I get to a battle scene in the book I'm reading, the JL theme song pops into my head.

I'll be joining it very soon.

I'm disappointed in myself for not watching this sooner. Talk about action/crazyness every episode....this show has it.

It gets better. They just continue to outdo themselves and make it crazier. I'm loving my re-watch with a virgin Banshee watcher.

It gets better. They just continue to outdo themselves and make it crazier. I'm loving my re-watch with a virgin Banshee watcher.

I'm only at episode 8 so far of the series, and yeah....this shit is crazy!

I thought it was a slow drama type show....i was obviously wrong. :laugh:

I'm only at episode 8 so far of the series, and yeah....this shit is crazy!

I thought it was a slow drama type show....i was obviously wrong. :laugh:

I just re-watched Episode 9 on Sunday and forced my gf to wait until I get back in a few weeks for the season finale. The ending of 9... she was not happy with me.

I just re-watched Episode 9 on Sunday and forced my gf to wait until I get back in a few weeks for the season finale. The ending of 9... she was not happy with me.

Oh damn....i'm going to watch episode 8 and 9 as soon as i get home from work. Usually have a couple hours before the wifey get's in, so that's my banshee time lately.

I'm kind of glad i didn't start it until now, because now i have 3 seasons to watch.

Oh damn....i'm going to watch episode 8 and 9 as soon as i get home from work. Usually have a couple hours before the wifey get's in, so that's my banshee time lately.

I'm kind of glad i didn't start it until now, because now i have 3 seasons to watch.

If you can hold off watching episode 10 after 9, good for you. I don't think I'd start 9 unless I have time for 10 personally.

I can honestly say I've never been dissapointed with a single episode of Banshee so far. That's pretty impressive for a show on it's 3rd season.

I also think a lot of people misjudge this series before seeing it (I did). It looks like a mindless action show, but it actually has pretty great characters and is much deeper than it appears on the surface.

I can honestly say I've never been dissapointed with a single episode of Banshee so far. That's pretty impressive for a show on it's 3rd season.

I also think a lot of people misjudge this series before seeing it (I did). It looks like a mindless action show, but it actually has pretty great characters and is much deeper than it appears on the surface.

It's my favorite show on TV right now.

I just watched Frank. Aw. I wish I'd gone to see it at the pictures. It's a lovely thoughtful little film. Low standing tuft LOL.

Also completed S4 of Breaking Bad. At one point I thought we would never get that far. But we made it. Now we will have a breather before we begin S5. In the meantime I'm enjoying watching actual shows on TV in real time (Grimm and Fortitude).

I watched 'The One I love' last night. It was excellent, there's a bit more they could have done with the central 'premise' as it were, but I really enjoyed it. It surprised me too, except perhaps the ending.

I adore Elisabeth Moss, I thought she worked really well with Mark Duplass.

Archived