Arrow Season 3 continued (spoilers)

Corvinus85

Felicity bugs me. I liked her character at first but currently she seems like 90% plot device and 10% eye candy. Week-to-week she either hates vigilantism, or is Oracle light, or hates Ollie or wants to have his baby, all depending on the writer's convenience. If Roy's head was on straight he would have 'arm-lengthed' Thea when she showed up. Lastly... I'm starting to get tired on waiting on the reveal of the big-bad for this season: the mastermind who keeps stealing the lower half of all of Thea's shirts.

I agree their chats are getting repetitive. I still think the show struggles with a main cast larger than 3 (season 1 worked fine). Too often 4th wheel characters stand around with nothing to do. This is usually Diggle and Roy but Felicity gets a shot of it every now and then. Sadly Laurel always finds airtime and we never get the chance for her to fade into the background.

I was hoping Roy would have had the sense to distance himself from Thea with a "let's take this slow" type of caution.

Thea certainly hates having her stomach covered.

Tagging onto the Felicity discussion. She is the dreaded Mary Sue. That's why I'm not as much of a fan of her character these days. She solves every issue by pressing a button -- as the ultimate hacker deus ex machina -- and she has the punchline for every joke. Even her flaws are portrayed as endearing...so much so, that her flaws become assets. It's a little irksome. They took a fun character and absolutely ran her into the ground. She's more tolerable with Ray. One reason I hate the very vocal "Ollicity" contingent is because Felicity seems even more of a paragon when juxtaposed with the very flawed Ollie and his constant pining. I prefer her with Ray in this regard.

One thing I did not get about this episode. Why did the crazy Senator feel it was necessary to kill all of the hostages? His plan was foiled because of the Suicide Squad. He didn't need to blow his cover at that point. He could've easily walked away without having to complicate matters for himself. Nobody was going to find out about his plan...until he threw his temper tantrum.

I do enjoy Cupid as a Harley alternative. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

Cupid was too much fun...is that wrong?

The sensor the his fit cause he was kinda insane. Thinking he'd be a hero in his cooked up scheme but the Suicide Squad was sent in anyway. He was just nuts.

Other than the suit being called Atom, it wasn't horrible.

Poor Ray. Not only did he get blasted, but Oliver didn't seem to check on him, nor did we see what happened to him. Poor Bastard.

That episode didn't suck. To me anyway.

The writer this episode did a good job with the majority of the cast. Cupid was forgettable in her last appearance but she worked here.

I agree the senator was batshit insane - hopefully they'll revisit him when he becomes president.

Looks like we'll get HIVE as season 4 villains.

So this is how it would look like when Hawkeye beats Iron Man.

If Iron Man would leave his off switch on the outside of his armour.

Poor Ray. Not only did he get blasted, but Oliver didn't seem to check on him, nor did we see what happened to him. Poor Bastard.

That episode didn't suck. To me anyway.

LOL. Roy really is the red headed step child as far as Team arrow are concerned.

Don't know if i can bare the suspense of not knowing whether Felicity will survive next episode ...

That wasn't too terrible, the suit in action didn't look as goofy as I'd feared, though Ray's super convenient x-ray vision tech seemed kind of a lazy way to get him to figure out who is hiding under that hood.

And what was up with Ray as emergency minister? I don't think that was a money saving issue (one more speaking role surely wouldn't have made much of a dent in the episode budget), it felt more like a joke that the writer didn't quite finish writing. At the very least I would have expected some kind of amusing anecdote to explain why he is an ordained minister.

Don't know if i can bare the suspense of not knowing whether Felicity will survive next episode ...

:lol:

It'll give Ray and Oliver plenty of opportunity to passive-aggressively glower and growl at each other while hovering over her in the hospital.

Alternatively it's a fakeout and somebody else gets shot. Who else was in the room? And while I'm asking questions here because I'm too lazy to google: how many Starling City mayors have been assassinated since the show started?

Hate the Atom suit. As said, a simple Ironman ripoff. I'd have even swallowed terrible special effects if they could've kept true to the original hero/powers. Oh, well...

But, for the first time I loved a (Deadshot's) flashback!

I was hoping we would see more of the love story between Cupid and Deadshot, shame (although he clearly isn't really dead, he's probably off the SS).

Also, you know, a 140 IQ isn't genius level.

Cupid was fantastic. "Clearly he's not dead"? That's great! What did I miss seeing, if anything? Rational supposition on your part or...?

Yeah. Big KABOOM. And fire. Anything else?

What exactly do you want? No body is universal tv speak for 'dude ain't dead'. If the budget is too lacking for a good crispy body, we'd have gotten a shot of the photo he had been holding with crispy edges. Or even just his feet. There is nothing. Just a kaboom that happened a convenient period after we had last seen Deadshot.

What exactly do you want? No body is universal tv speak for 'dude ain't dead'. If the budget is too lacking for a good crispy body, we'd have gotten a shot of the photo he had been holding with crispy edges. Or even just his feet. There is nothing. Just a kaboom that happened a convenient period after we had last seen Deadshot.

OK. I see what you're saying. Guess I just wish I'd missed some character blurting out, even some fantastical, scenerio whereby "Well, he could have gotten out..."

Hey, the ease with which the power of the suit is breached gives a good reason for the next Flash crossover at least. Is Ray and Felicity going to Central I think..

Well, that's put me out of my misery concerning the fate of Felicity.

Another of the Arrows comically implausible exits. Last week he fires a grappling hook at thin air, this week he leaves his partner unconscious face down in the dirt. And given that we didn't see him after that one has to assume he's still there.

The suicide squad is always a winner. I'm too in the camp that Deadshot isn't dead, he's probably going to surface in HIVE 'care.' Given the drone line and Deadshots growing reluctance about killing folk, is some form of brainwashing on the cards?

Yeah - he's not dead, dead. In a world where men can be stabbed through the chest/stomach fall off a mountain and spend the night in freezing temperatures without a shirt and be fine an episode later, a mere explosion on a roof isn't going to make a difference. Unless the actor gets a bigger role in something else.

I hope Roy at some stage will snap. Maybe they are just laying the groundwork for why he becomes a heroin addict?

I hope Roy at some stage will snap. Maybe they are just laying the groundwork for why he becomes a heroin addict?

While the treatment he received this episode isn't atypical at all (at least these days they usually acknowledge that he exists, something they didn't necessarily do during his early days as Ollie's sidekick), I doubt it's leading anywhere. The writers simply seem to have lost interest in him. Which is a shame, because I actually like this calm, relatively competent and reasonable version of the character.

Hasn't Roy kind of done the crazy druggie thing with the Mirakuru? It's not a perfect parallel, but it would seem to be rehashing old ground to a degree. The show has shown that it's not all that great at juggling too many characters and their respective story lines, so unless they do have something good to do with him I'd prefer they just kept quiet about it. Maybe have an episode more focused on him once in a while.

For instance this episode really could have done without the ATOM/Arrow stuff, just focus on Diggles wedding, and have a more fleshed out Suicide Squad sequence (with a more convincing enemy,) and then have a longer ATOM/Arrow thing next week (maybe making Ray actions make slightly more sense.) The Wedding was barely in the episode, and a more focused lens would have given Deadshot's 'death' more weight.

Archived