Arrow Season 3 continued (spoilers)

Corvinus85

I might have missed it, but did we ever get any explanation for how Oliver was revived. Or did he just manage to survive a sword through the chest and a fall off a cliff, both of which were treated by some magical berries probably from a deserted island that everyone visits?

I might have missed it, but did we ever get any explanation for how Oliver was revived. Or did he just manage to survive a sword through the chest and a fall off a cliff, both of which were treated by some magical berries probably from a deserted island that everyone visits?

Episode 10: He's not breathing noticeably on the mountain (no chest movement or misting.) He doesn't move or even twitch until the end. When he suddenly takes in a breath and wakes up, sees Tatsu (asks: How?) then sees Maseo who says 'I asked her to come here, so she could bring you back to life.'

If we assume the events are happening concurrently Oliver doesn't wake up (or breath again) until 3 days after he left.

Episode 11: He gets up, she hands him a tea:

'More herbs?'

'Penicillin, for the infection.'

'You saved my life.'

'The snow and cold helped, and your will to live. You should be dead.'

'Did you know Maseo would bring me here?'

'He was the one who told me to meet you at this cabin.'

'I didn't realise the two of you were still in contact.'

'We are not.'

Later:

'Your penicillin tea tastes like penicillin.'

Episode 13:

'You saved my life.'

'Maseo saved it, I merely treated you. And your going down the... (I can't actually understand what she's saying here, not so good with accents)... if you try to leave now.'

words...

'You can make sure I drink my penicillin tea.'

Later she hands him a pouch: 'Your medicine. Apply twice a day.'

So no definitive mention of Lazarus pit, but something similar must exist as Ra's says: 'it's been 67 years since someone challenged me.' I think the penicillin tea is just that, as he is just healing normally now. My questions are mainly whether Tatso died, whether she knows about it or it's just Maseo, and whether the Alpha mentioned in flashbacks is involved. I simply don't believe the weather and Olivers strength of will alone brought him back. All the mentions of penicillin might be a red herring, but Oliver strikes me as being able to tell if he's drinking something else.

Stephen Amnell, in an interview, said something to the effect that we'd seen the Lazarus Pit already. Did we?

Exactly how Oliver was brought back has to be a major part of the latter half of the season. My opinion anyway.

In some ways, Laurel as Black Canary isn't as horrible as I thought......at least it's happened now and we can all move on. In other ways, it's really horrible. OK, she wants to fight and help, but the idea that Digg (military training, has guns) would be comfortable staying back at base while he sends Laurel (very recently took a few self defence classes, no guns) into such a dangerous situation.......that ain't the Digg I know.

Arrow has always managed to avoid the trappings of 'if you wear a costume then you can fight crime' because they had the luxury of the five year gap; Ollie, Sara and Malcolm all had plenty of time to convincingly (for TV) train to these levels. What's needed is for Laurel to spectacularly lose a fight and to realise she needs more training, have Ollie see to her over the season break and come back fully Black Canaried for Season 4.

In some ways, Laurel as Black Canary isn't as horrible as I thought......at least it's happened now and we can all move on. In other ways, it's really horrible. OK, she wants to fight and help, but the idea that Digg (military training, has guns) would be comfortable staying back at base while he sends Laurel (very recently took a few self defence classes, no guns) into such a dangerous situation.......that ain't the Digg I know.

Arrow has always managed to avoid the trappings of 'if you wear a costume then you can fight crime' because they had the luxury of the five year gap; Ollie, Sara and Malcolm all had plenty of time to convincingly (for TV) train to these levels. What's needed is for Laurel to spectacularly lose a fight and to realise she needs more training, have Ollie see to her over the season break and come back fully Black Canaried for Season 4.

I've wondered this, too, last night, then I remember that Digg has a baby girl. There was an episode where Digg recognized that priorities can change.

Nobody publicly cedes control of part of their city. They'd call in the National Guard....

I realize there was a whole thing in the comics (Gothm as No Man's Land) like this but I think this struck me as too implausible here.

Nice to see people telling the truth and people being accepting of it. I was hoping Thea would be cool as it's usually her finding out others have lied to her that pisses her off. she still doesn't know that she killed sarah, right?

Pleased Chase is gone although I'll give him credit for going deep cover before trying to kill Thea.

I still think Laurel's acceptance is too quick. They have characters making legitimate arguments (especially Olly's "addiction" comment) but it's as lip service before they miraculously come round.

I have to be cautious though as maybe in a few more seasons I'll love the character. It happened to me with Wesley from Buffy/Angel and the current take of her as pathetic vigilante addict could be a stepping stone.

Not much to say about the flashbacks other than this season's has been the most pointless by far. A waste of assassin dude as i quite like him but at least he is active in the present.

Look forward to seeing slade again next week.

Lots of stuff going on, but it was surprisingly entertaining. And finally Lance was told and he didn't die! I was seriously afraid that after all the lengths the writers had Laurel go to, the story would ultimately vindicate her insane behaviour by having her father suffer a heart attack upon finding out.

They really should ditch the flashbacks, they have become completely pointless.

she still doesn't know that she killed sarah, right?

Nope. If they told her even tacit approval of working with Merlyn would be impossible, as then the other characters would have to remember that that happened, too.

Pleased Chase is gone although I'll give him credit for going deep cover before trying to kill Thea.

Yeah, what was the point of that?

I still think Laurel's acceptance is too quick.

But she's got a light inside her!

Maybe she should see a doctor about that?

I'm not exactly sure what this light is either (i got the impression Felicity and diggle ere only there to spout nonfounded words of wisdom). she wants to beat people up because imprisoning them isn't enough. Noble

It would be fun to have her kill someone before the end of the season. Just so Olly can tell how awful she is for killing people and that it was different when he did it all the time.

I'm not exactly sure what this light is either (i got the impression Felicity and diggle ere only there to spout nonfounded words of wisdom). she wants to beat people up because imprisoning them isn't enough. Noble

It would be fun to have her kill someone before the end of the season. Just so Olly can tell how awful she is for killing people and that it was different when he did it all the time.

I think it's more that Sara was who she was because she was a deadly assassin and had so much blood on her ledger, she was trying to balance it. Laurel just wants to beat up bad guys and help people. She's not really trying to atone for past sins of mountainous amounts of murder.

I was so glad Thea took the revelation in stride. So glad. I'm also glad Lance finally knows. Can't wait to see Merlyn train Olly and the cathartic ending of Slade/Oliver. They still haven't really spoken since all that shit went down.

Oh, and now Lance is the only show regular who doesn't know Oliver's secret, despite the fact he pieced together that Laurel wad going out as the Canary?

And other than Palmer, pretty much every regular guest star knows too, right? Waller, Maseo, Katana, Slade, et al...

Archived