Arrow Season 3 continued (spoilers)

Corvinus85

Good bomb that guy had.

*click*

......BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP....

......*enough time to have probably just walked out through the door*........

BOOOOOOOM!

I sincerely, sincerely hope that when Malcolm said the three of them had to team up, he wasn't implying that Thea would be even remotely useful in fight against, who was it again, oh, THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS. Rich brat girl who had one summer of 'training'.

Why oh why can't they see the kept the wrong actress. The action scene w/ Cassidy don't even look as good as the rest of the show.

I thought the dialogue in the hallucinatory beatdown kinda hinted at a certain amount of self-awareness by the writers: "I didn't need to die!"

I sincerely, sincerely hope that when Malcolm said the three of them had to team up, he wasn't implying that Thea would be even remotely useful in fight against, who was it again, oh, THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS. Rich brat girl who had one summer of 'training'.

Just wait until you discover Laurel saves the day by killing Ra's (and then being told off for doing so)

I thought the dialogue in the hallucinatory beatdown kinda hinted at a certain amount of self-awareness by the writers: "I didn't need to die!"

That and the "you'll never be me" "you're pathetic" etc.

Why oh why can't they see the kept the wrong actress. The action scene w/ Cassidy don't even look as good as the rest of the show.

I'm confused as to why they got rid of her if she's going to be turning up all the time? I assumed the actress was busy with something else but that isn't the case (or I guess she may have finished filiming something over the course of the first 10 eps). If that's the case they shouldn't have killed her off though.

Well, I guess the Lazarus pit (or Lazarus virus as I doubt the flashback virus will have nothing to do with the story) will bring her back at the end of the season.

I forgot to mention that i liked Olly using a Slade line on Thea on the island. It suggests he still admires the man Slade once was. nice touch from the writers

I enjoyed this episode for all of the little things that came out.

Thea being told.

Pops being told about Sara.

DJ guy lasting all of one episode as Thea's love. (maybe tried to kill Thea to curry favor with Ras? cause problems with team arrow?)

Laurrell starting to understand her "issues" (I know people hate her, but I'm ok with her)

My favorite though was everyone telling Olliver off. He has come across as a such a douche bag that I was very happy to see him being told off.

My only gripe, which is more of a season long gripe, is the idea that Olliver is ok with working with Merlynn. It just doesn't make sense in that he could have at least tried to negotiate with the League, instead of going right for killing Ras and teaming up with Merlynn.

Overall I'm still loving the show (I don't notice so many of the issues that others find in it) and can't wait to see more.

I enjoyed this episode for all of the little things that came out.

My favorite though was everyone telling Olliver off. He has come across as a such a douche bag that I was very happy to see him being told off.

Overall I'm still loving the show (I don't notice so many of the issues that others find in it) and can't wait to see more.

It's a problem with shows not being allowed the time but I think the characters giving Olly a hard time would be better if it felt like he'd been gone a long time. As it is it feels like 2 weeks to me. This time issue would probably help explain LAurel's learning curve as well.

I'm still enjoying it but have to admit I'm enjoying Flash more (silly power fluctutations and inhumane prisons aside). I think Arrow needs to inject something "new" into the dynamic. Hopefully the atom will bring this but the current team needs shaking up a bit. I can't be the only one who's noticed that the show struggles when it tries to handle more than 4 characters in an episode (it usually solves this by backgrounding the other 4+ cast). I think they need to prune the cast or find ways of using them more effectively.

But that's just comments on how they good make the sure great - I'm still happy with it as it is, warts and all.

Oh, Arrow, most other shows would be embarassed by some of the lines and contrivances in this episode, but for you that's just Wednesday, isn't it? Seriously, how did whoever wrote that line about Oliver painting his face not being enough to make a hood work as a disguise not sink into the earth with shame before being able to deliver the script? If you're nodding to the viewers, try not to accidentally headbutt them in the process.

The flashback really was about as stupid as could be expected from the setup, but holy crap, Thea now actually knows pretty much everything there is to know in the present day. Apparently it's Laurel's time to be in the dark about key plot points again.

I also loved how the ARGUS personnel Merlyn murdered to let Slade out were barely a footnote, considering that the big moment of that storyline was Thea not killing Slade. Not to mention that just seems a way for Merlyn to attract unnecessary attention; maybe he drugged Waller into doing it for him to cover his tracks?

It's a problem with shows not being allowed the time but I think the characters giving Olly a hard time would be better if it felt like he'd been gone a long time. As it is it feels like 2 weeks to me.

Yeah, didn't they say it was a month? And it's not like they were doing so hot without him.

Yeah, those lines. And is this the first we've heard of this 'corporate job.'

Also I found it funny that Laurel said she was destined for the mask, however little her dad (or the viewers) wanted it.

The problem with this flashback, is that it focused too much on not-Ollys issues. We know what happens to them, we have seen the future, so we know they don't get resolved, so no matter what they just tread water.

Overall disapointed with Slade's big return. If Olly'd killed him in a rage, like he hulked out on that dealer, that might have made things interesting.

And one more silly nitpick: Ignoring the stupid position of the cell lock button (that should really require some sort of key) Thea's arm which might be thinner than a mans (although only by a little) is also surely shorter.

I was totally bored by the ep. I didn't even make it half way through before switching to another show. Despite the shows defects and general lunacy, that's the first time that's happened.

And one more silly nitpick: Ignoring the stupid position of the cell lock button (that should really require some sort of key) Thea's arm which might be thinner than a mans (although only by a little) is also surely shorter.

Also how did dislocating her arm help? Does that make your arm longer? And would it not be excruciatingly painful and leave you unable to do anything, let alone stretch a long way to push a button?

"Hey how far apart should we make these bars?"

"Well, it's only gonna be adult males here. So slightly less than one human male arm, no less."

It is starting to lose me this show. It feels like a soap now where you have to ignore the absurd things that these characters have done to one another to watch it. It needs a strong finale, and a back to basics fourth season: Olly back on the island for the flashbacks with something straightforward to do, and just have Team Arrow doing their job instead of Dawsons Creeking the shit out of every episode.

And I said it last week, I'll say it again: THEA QUEEN is third choice to help fight THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS. This is insulting, and completely undermines the threat that Ra's is supposed to be.

And I said it last week, I'll say it again: THEA QUEEN is third choice to help fight THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS. This is insulting, and completely undermines the threat that Ra's is supposed to be.

More that she's the daughter of Malcolm Merlyn, the brother of Oliver Queen and the killer of Sara, Nyssa's eternal love. She was going to be targeted by Ra's, therefore she's going to have to be prepared to fight him whether she wants to or not. It's not that hard to understand why she's involved in this.

Also how did dislocating her arm help? Does that make your arm longer? And would it not be excruciatingly painful and leave you unable to do anything, let alone stretch a long way to push a button?

"Hey how far apart should we make these bars?"

"Well, it's only gonna be adult males here. So slightly less than one human male arm, no less."

It is starting to lose me this show. It feels like a soap now where you have to ignore the absurd things that these characters have done to one another to watch it. It needs a strong finale, and a back to basics fourth season: Olly back on the island for the flashbacks with something straightforward to do, and just have Team Arrow doing their job instead of Dawsons Creeking the shit out of every episode.

Im sorry, but what show have you been watching for the last 2 or 3 years?

More that she's the daughter of Malcolm Merlyn, the brother of Oliver Queen and the killer of Sara, Nyssa's eternal love. She was going to be targeted by Ra's, therefore she's going to have to be prepared to fight him whether she wants to or not. It's not that hard to understand why she's involved in this.

She's involved, sure. Still makes it a piss poor decision to have her on your team in an actual fight. Get her to run and hide, enlist The Flash would be a far better plan.

I'm afraid I don't really get the Felicity fascination. I know she's meant to be funny and quirky, but she just seems by-the-numbers quirky.

I dunno. I haven't really seen her type of quirkiness in a character before. She adds levity to a show that's quite serious, she's cute and she's a geek. Not at all surprised people like her.

Archived