Your avatar - why do you have the one you have

Bluetiger

Mine is Han, Chewie and an AT-AT, drawn in the style of Winne the Pooh - the question is more, why wouldn't I have it?

Sometimes I use an image of Jimmy Stewart from Harvey, but right now I gots my Christopher Robin on.

I have been trying to figure out what is up with that Winnie Pooh. So cute and awesome. :)

I was a fan of the Starks when I joined, wanted something fairly distinctive* and somehow I found this. No idea where it's from, was looking for it after I was swapping back from my World Cup picture (which was just this but with two green bars to represent the Nigeria flag) and I couldn't find it anywhere.

*There are more dark avatars than bright/light ones. Or used to be, anyway. Ramsay Blow is totally plagiarising me right now.

Errrr, from the appendices in some novels we might have read maybe? :P

(And it is ironic that your post was between two other posters that have avatars with a white background too.)

There's something so appealing about an anonymous white silhouette. Lends an air of class and mystique.

As a side bonus, often people are unsure whether I'm male or female. It's sometimes interesting to see the differences in how they respond to me thinking I'm one or the other.

There's something so appealing about an anonymous white silhouette. Lends an air of class and mystique.

As a side bonus, often people are unsure whether I'm male or female. It's sometimes interesting to see the differences in how they respond to me thinking I'm one or the other.

But angels and arkangels do not belong to any sex.

It is known!

I've had some variety of otter for my av for most of the years I've been posting around here. The otter theme has absolutely no meaning whatsoever other than that they are cute animals. It started because I found a picture of an otter that I liked and just kept on with it. Every once in a while I'll do a terrible photoshopping of an otter into a new environment because it makes me giggle. The current one pleases me greatly. One of my other favs had the otter hanging out with Bone Thugs, which I may have to bring out for old times sake at some point. Anyway, like many others here, the av is more of a trademark than anything.

I changed mine to a picture of Richard Harrow in part because Richard often reminded myself of the younger, more socially awkward me. While it was only intended to be a short term thing, somehow I've never wound up switching back to the old one (which I used all the way back to when this forum was on EZ board and I came aboard back in 2003-2004) since then out of sheer laziness and having much bigger demands on my time.

Archived