Football XXXVI: Race for the top four

Consigliere

Have you actually seen him in action? Very poor analysis, coupled with a frequent inability to string a coherent sentence together. Basically Sky Sports answer to Alan Shearer.

I'd stopped paying attention to pundits a few years ago because a lot of times it was clear that they had no idea what they were talking about.

If I were trying to prove to anyone that MLS is a substandard league that is hard to watch and has ridiculously awful officiating, I would show them the Whitecaps vs San Jose match from tonight. By the end, I was hoping for an earthquake.

Does anyone have any good tips on footie podcasts? I'm subscribed to the Guardian one, but I'm sure there are others out there that are worthwhile? Primarily interested in the PL, but don't mind other European stuff.

I haven't checked the match officials yet but when I do I'll be hoping to see the name Michael Oliver on the sheet and praying he's as ridiculously kind to our boys as he was last time we threw down against City.

Does anyone have any good tips on footie podcasts? I'm subscribed to the Guardian one, but I'm sure there are others out there that are worthwhile? Primarily interested in the PL, but don't mind other European stuff.

The Guardian's show is the best. The Football Ramble's probably the one I enjoy the most aside from them. Men In Blazers is worth checking out for a side-on angle (i.e. two American-based Brits). I also check out The Game with Gab Marcotti once in a while, although he can be an acquired taste. The podcast of Alan Brazil's radio show can be fun, if you're in the mood for that sort of fluff.

As for Other European Stuff the only one I've ever listened to with any regularity is the Sky Sports La Liga show, although BBC World's Football Phone-in sometimes has a European correspondent to sit in with The Great Tim Vickery and the Slightly Maddening Oludotun Adebayo MBE.

Also, if Cesc or Matic pick up a yellow, they'll be suspended for Arsenal/United games.

Interesting. Let's hope Sir Joseph of Barton does his job today, and winds them up enough to get themselves booked.

I fucking hate Mourinho. Hazard is one of my favourite players to watch but everything else they do is so fucking boring and it makes their games almost unwatchable even with Hazard. Really hope they bottle the season and he gets fired.

This. So boring. This is the type of game that Chelsea should drop points in but will inevitably find a way to nick the win.

I fucking hate Mourinho. Hazard is one of my favourite players to watch but everything else they do is so fucking boring and it makes their games almost unwatchable even with Hazard. Really hope they bottle the season and he gets fired.

Careful, Polish. You'll end up with DelSnow all up in your shit.

Archived