What's For Dinner v. 6

Xray the Enforcer

Lunch at Le fucking Gavroche, you guys.

did mr isis wear a suit? never seen him dressed up before, it would totally twist my melon. when i get around to go there i'm definitely not wearing a tie so i can wear one of theirs.

tonight i will be eating whatever greasy, carby mess takes my fancy as i stumble home. friday is not, and shall never be a day for cooking.

I'm not sure how you've missed him wearing a suit so far as he does have to wear one for work sometimes. But no, he wore a shirt and jacket. Nobody made him wear a tie. Perhaps they do for dinner rather than lunch though?

It took 78 telephone attempts to make the reservation btw. So definitely plan ahead!

I can seriously get behind the idea of going to a two star restaurant instead of buying each other Christmas presents from now on. It's a really special experience to share.

That's what we typically do. He loathes buying presents, so we go out for a really good meal instead.

It's the SOs 40th next year, and I've already lined up my Mum to babysit overnight so we can travel to London and eat at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon. We've eaten there three times and loved it each time. The lunch menu there looks really good value. If I lived in London I'd be there a lot.

Ten pounds of chicken leg quarters for cold chicken salad, chicken stock, rendered chicken fat and chicken served with country gravy and rice. Only cool day we've had all month.

Back to salad or take out tomorrow.

That's what we typically do. He loathes buying presents, so we go out for a really good meal instead.

It's the SOs 40th next year, and I've already lined up my Mum to babysit overnight so we can travel to London and eat at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon. We've eaten there three times and loved it each time. The lunch menu there looks really good value. If I lived in London I'd be there a lot.

I just watched the video on the website. HOLY SHIT. Now I really want to go there too.

It is amazing. We try to go to London every 12-18 months and pick up at least two really good restaurants. Typically we try new ones but the last three visits have all involved l'atelier. It's amazing. Have the quail with potatoes! Incredibly rich but divine!

Just going to keep watching that video of the scallops, you guys.

In other news, I made a broccoli and Stilton soup last night. Pretty sure that is the last time I'll ever use broccoli in a soup. It just didn't seem to add any flavour to it.

I have been so uninspired when it comes to cooking. I've been doing cereal for the most part. Last week I actually ate sliced cheese and some crackers for dinner.

I am going to read this thread and get my act together.

Archived