NFL Draft: Every pick is a Pro Bowler!

Trebla

You will love Golson. Great natural instincts, works his ass off and has gotten better each year he's played. His one downside is height but he's solid in run support and superb at timing his leaps (outjumped a 6'6 TE for a pick to seal the Bama game) . He also shut down Amari Cooper for most of that one.

I'm loving this pick then. I was concerned leading up to it. Thank you for the reassurance. :cheers:

I'm loving this pick then. I was concerned leading up to it. Thank you for the reassurance. :cheers:

Sure thing. :cheers: It's been a pleasure to watch him develop as a player through his college career, from the guy who got clowned hard by Trent Richardson as a freshman (a clip that looks doubly awful today, for obvious reasons), to consensus first team All-American with 10 picks as a senior.

Interesting fact - Quez turned down a $1.35 million baseball contract with the Red Sox out of high school in order to play college football and pursue the NFL. Those center fielder instincts have served him well on the gridiron.

Siiiiiigh.

Well, they have a pass rush now but at what cost. This reminds me of 2008. In 2007 they went 13-3 but went one and done in the playoffs, losing to SB champs Giants. In '08 they went all out, signing guys like Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson to go with Terrell Owens. Well, Romo got hurt for 4 games and the locker room fell apart with infighting. Pacman was cut after getting into a fight with his security guard.

I hope this isn't a repeat. What could be different is that Jason Garrett isn't the spineless jellyfish that Wade Phillips is. Neither is D Coordinator Rod Marinelli and he might be just as important as Garrett since he coaches the d-line as well as the D.

We'll see. I really liked RB Tevin Coleman and he was sitting there.

The new look Cowboys pass rush is a guy that beats his girlfriend, and a guy that shows up to a job interview where he knows he will be drug tested high... Wow.... Let me say that I am not really big on these moves right now.

The new look Cowboys pass rush is a guy that beats his girlfriend, and a guy that shows up to a job interview where he knows he will be drug tested high... Wow.... Let me say that I am not really big on these moves right now.

"He must be the stupidest son of a bitch alive, but he sure is fast!"

That's about what it comes down to. One is just a bad dude. The other is a troubled young man. But they both can do something that is EXTREMELY valuable in the NFL, the kind of thing that wins championships. They can sack the quarterback.

Hard to get too excited about trading down in the 3rd round, but the Redskins just got Seattle's 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks. I'm pretty happy about that.

Wow. Who did the Seachickens grab with that pick?

WR Tyler Lockett, Kansas State. Never heard of him myself. But it gives us double the chance of getting a hit in the later rounds, which I'm a big fan of.

EDIT: I'd be pretty OK with drafting La'el Collins at this point. Yes, there is the possibility that he never plays a down with us, but it's a calculated risk. I'm just thinking there aren't a lot of guys left with his potential, and if you miss on a late 3rd round pick, it's not exactly the end of the world.

Any Bama fans here? I'm happy Giants made a move to get Collins, it had to be done. He seems like an Antrel Rolle type safety. Tough and physical who's a stud against the run but will get caught cheating sometimes. Still kinda sour Skins took Scherff but what can you do?

Bengals are hilarious. Two OTs. Uh... ok.

I'm fine concentrating on the O line. Andre Smith is going to leave after this season, and Whitworth is getting up there in years. Would like to see them adress linebacker in the rest of the draft. I don't expect Burfict back to his prime, if at all. Apparently he has displaced hips. We need a replacement for Peko at NT too.

Any Bama fans here? I'm happy Giants made a move to get Collins, it had to be done. He seems like an Antrel Rolle type safety. Tough and physical who's a stud against the run but will get caught cheating sometimes. Still kinda sour Skins took Scherff but what can you do?

Not a Bama fan but I watched Collins play a lot. Your evaluation is spot on - he's a tackling machine against the run but sometimes got outright toasted on deep pass plays. I don't think his athleticism is an issue so maybe the consistency in coverage will come with time.

Grasu and long back together in Chicago! That is one of the better results I could have hoped for. Grasu has been a great anchor for the ducks for four years and replaced the pro bowler unger when he graduated. He's not the most powerful but he has great skills and smarts. Really like getting him in the third.

Jake fisher is a very good player who can play almost every position on the line. Think of him as the 6th man for an oline. He will likely start 16 games but not be ther starter.

Not a Bama fan but I watched Collins play a lot. Your evaluation is spot on - he's a tackling machine against the run but sometimes got outright toasted on deep pass plays. I don't think his athleticism is an issue so maybe the consistency in coverage will come with time.

Cool. The more I read about him, the more I like him. I was also wondering about his leadership qualities and Giants said he was easily their best interview and will be a leader on the defense for years. I didn't even see that Stevie Brown signed with Texans the other day so this pick was more needed than I thought.

Siiiiiigh.

Well, they have a pass rush now but at what cost. This reminds me of 2008. In 2007 they went 13-3 but went one and done in the playoffs, losing to SB champs Giants. In '08 they went all out, signing guys like Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson to go with Terrell Owens. Well, Romo got hurt for 4 games and the locker room fell apart with infighting. Pacman was cut after getting into a fight with his security guard.

I hope this isn't a repeat. What could be different is that Jason Garrett isn't the spineless jellyfish that Wade Phillips is. Neither is D Coordinator Rod Marinelli and he might be just as important as Garrett since he coaches the d-line as well as the D.

We'll see. I really liked RB Tevin Coleman and he was sitting there.

Ayayi and Davis are still sitting there. We don't need a great back running behind that line (although it helps). Big fan of the first 2 picks (knowing Gregory is a high character risk, but it's acceptable for his talent at the end of the 2nd), and I'm a big fan of keeping that line elite. Free isn't getting any younger.

Ayayi and Davis are still sitting there. We don't need a great back running behind that line (although it helps). Big fan of the first 2 picks (knowing Gregory is a high character risk, but it's acceptable for his talent at the end of the 2nd), and I'm a big fan of keeping that line elite. Free isn't getting any younger.

Yeah but that OT sounds like a project and that he could've been had in later rounds.It is true, though, that as the swing tackle he'll be important and will Doug Free's age and injury history, Chazz Green will be in here early. I just thought they could have gotten a running back or defensive tackle there.

A Dallas beat writer said before the draft that Jerry said that the Cowboys did not believe that drafting a running back was high in their to-do list. They thought it was a smoke screen but so far it's been the truth. I just hope it's not hubris. That line is GREAT but you do still need dependable running backs.

Belichick picking that Stanford safety in the 2nd round that every else had a midground grade for seems to keep up his run of 2nd round "I'm smarter than the conventional wisdom" picks. Time will tell if this ends up a wash-out like Ras I Dowling or a sneaky win like Jamie Collins.

It pains me to see that the Steelers were gonna take Maxx Williams before Baltimore moved up right in front of us to take him. :ack:

I'm not sure that was true. I was listening to the radio during the draft as I was driving home, and it was all the local guys who call the games on TV/radio. They said from the beginning of the second round the Steelers had their eye on one player only, he was a CB, and he was the only guy they rated as worthy of a 2nd round pick. To the point that if he wasn't there, then we probably wouldn't have gone CB at all in the first three rounds. They also said that the TE out of Ohio State, who went in the third I believe, was rated higher on the Steelers board then Williams. I'm sure the Ravens are happy with their guy, but if they moved up because of the Steelers then they got played.

ETA: They were broadcasting from the Steelers facilities, and the entire night they were certain the team had no interest in offense in the 2nd round. To the point that Todd Haley wasn't even in the war room during the round.

Archived