Football XXXIX: The Magic of M-S-N

Consigliere

But this constant arse-licking is nauseating. And baffling. More worthy players haven't got this sort of send-off. Did Lampard when he left Chelsea?

I think that's more Sky than Gerrard though. I mean sure, it's a bit much, but I don't mind Gerrard or the fans enjoying the day.

Gotta say, Yannick Bollassie is a really fun player to watch.

Yeah, he's had a great season. I'd be very surprised if Palace manage to hang on to him in the summer. We're apparently interested, along with Spurs and Liverpool. Though, I think Pardew's £60m valuation is stretching the fabric of reality.

Yeah, he's had a great season. I'd be very surprised if Palace manage to hang on to him in the summer. We're apparently interested, along with Spurs and Liverpool. Though, I think Pardew's £60m valuation is stretching the fabric of reality.

He'd make sense for Spurs, but I can't see any good reason for you or Liverpool to need him. Liverpool especially, because although you have other priorities the idea of Bolasie, at his best, in a behind-the-striker trio of himself, Ozil and Sanchez is quite scary.

He'd make sense for Spurs, but I can't see any good reason for you or Liverpool to need him. Liverpool especially, because although you have other priorities the idea of Bolasie, at his best, in a behind-the-striker trio of himself, Ozil and Sanchez is quite scary.

He'd make a perfectly serviceable replacement for Walcott.

Can't see Wenger going for Sterling now, considering the absolute fucking pig's ear he's made of his season in the shop window.

First Jake Livermore and now Jose Baxter! When will footballers learn that they need to Just Say No?

Especially gutted about Jose Baxter as he has such a brill name.

As someone who has snorted his fair share of average to decent quality cocaine*, I'm amazed they're not all at it. Wahey!

*Dear Rozzers, my drug taking days are well behind me so there's absolutely no point kicking my front door in.

Ooooh, just seen the news that both Rooney and Carrick will be missing for United today. That's a double blow for LvG as he seeks to avoid the 4th place play off for the CL.

Still, not counting any chickens. Will be a tough game regardless of who plays.

Ooooh, just seen the news that both Rooney and Carrick will be missing for United today. That's a double blow for LvG as he seeks to avoid the 4th place play off for the CL.

Still, not counting any chickens. Will be a tough game regardless of who plays.

I think Shaw is out as well but Rojo is back. It will be a tough game but even if we win I am resigned to us finishing fourth because I don't see Arsenal dropping points at home to either Sunderland or West Brom. We had a chance of automatic qualification but fluffed it against Everton and West Brom. All things considered, I'm satisfied with fourth place and, at the start of the season, felt that this was the best we could hope for.

I think Shaw is out as well but Rojo is back. It will be a tough game but even if we win I am resigned to us finishing fourth because I don't see Arsenal dropping points at home to either Sunderland or West Brom. We had a chance of automatic qualification but fluffed it against Everton and West Brom. All things considered, I'm satisfied with fourth place and, at the start of the season, felt that this was the best we could hope for.

I was hoping for better tbh. No Europe and the money spent, we should be second.

I was hoping for better tbh. No Europe and the money spent, we should be second.

Yeah, we did spend a shit load of money but that doesn't always translate to instant success. The new recruits had to 'bed in' at the club and adjust to the demands of the premier league. Some managed this better than others. Morale at the club would have been low following our disastrous campaign under Moyes, then a new manager comes in and has to stamp his authority and philosophy on the club while having to deal with a horrendous list of injuries. All things considered, fourth place is satisfactory. I will be expecting a title challenge next season though.

Fabianski having a howler a week after playing well against us. What a surprise.

Also, looks like Arsenal are going with the same exact side again for the 6th game in a row. Kind of wish we rotated a bit. I really don't love the balance with Ramsey on the right and Sanchez on the left. We are so damn narrow with no driving runs from CM.

Archived