Marvel Netflix - AKA the Second Thread

The BlackBear

What time does the season go up on Netflix? It's already well into Friday here so I wonder whether the show goes live at midnight Pacific time or later in the day. i.e. will I be able to watch this at 9PM tonight (Friday) my time, or will I need to wait until Saturday my time?

Based on my experience with Daredevil, I would say midnight Pacific time.

Managed 3 episodes. General impressions are it's ok and has the potential to be great once the story gets going. The cast are pretty great from Jessica and Patsy to the "Mike Colter is Luke Cage". Honestly, when you see him in on the screen it's probably the best piece of casting Marvel has done (and they have a strong track record). And Tennant is going to be just as chilling as I suspected.

The only problem is that the story (so far) has one plot making things slow, while Daredevil could mix in "thug of the week" to keep things busy. It looks like the main story is building up so this maybe won't be an issue for the rest of the season.

I don't really appreciate the "humouress" neighbour's in Jessica's building. It actually feels far too reminiscent of Ennis' "punisher" comic when it was in the dark comedy mould. Speaking of comics - I only read the first two issues of "alias" but the show seems incredibly faithful to it. More so than any other Marvel "based on" properties. No wonder Bendis is pretty happy with it and hope he got paid approppiately (he seems to get credit in the titles so is probably sound). It's not like Bendis isn't doing well as it is but I do feel the comic creators should be rewarded when it's their storyline that is so faithfully adapted.

some spoilery comments.

The depiction of Killgrave's powers is really well handled. It makes it so that the protagonists really have to go out of their way not to harm the mind controlled person as they know they are also victims. But the victims are also incredibly dangerous.

Cage's body language when he's fighting in the bar is great. He basically slaps people around so as not to hurt them too much. I do worry that Cage's show might wind up feeling too much of an off-shoot from this one though. Daredevil has some distance from this show and I think it's wise to let each show be its own.

I have a feeling the law firm Jessica is working for has Fisk as a client as there was a line about real estate that stuck out. I think there was also something on the radio about a young kid with powers (maybe Spider-man?). Speaking of the radio, I didn't like the scene at all with the interview. I'm pretty sure someone under arrest for a double homicide isn't allowed to do radio interviews explaining their innocence. I hope that's the case.

I'm really liking this. Ritter is great, and Tennant's villain is very good so far. I like the more realistic Marvel villains. I don't think I know anyone who would get superpowers and start murdering people en masse or try to take over the world, but I know plenty of people who would probably use them to get money, get laid, and indulge in petty sadism.

So I'm not hugely into the whole comic book stuff but enjoyed Daredevil. Presumably that's why Netflix recced Jessica Jones to me. Just watched the first episode and colour me intrigued! Very good, I think I liked it more than E1 of Daredevil. Will continue feedback as I watch more, but the ending of Episode 1 has me eager to learn more

Episode 4
 Solid stuff. The villain is creepy and I like he uses his powers for petty reasons rather than world domination or anything.

Really liked how they handled the interview scene, nice way of keeping a bunch of exposition interesting and fun - as well as highlighting how it'd be hard to believe anyone claiming to be a victim of Killgrave.

The cop is turning out to be quite interesting - even moreso now I've realised who he is in the comics. The TV version seems far more complex

Carrie Ann Moss' character is also proving to be interesting. She could easily be "eevil" but may well just be cold-hearted and Ruthless. I look forward to her inevitable crossing of paths with Matt Murdock

Absolutely amazing... Just watched the first episode... It is beautifully creepy and I enjoyed every second of it.

BTW, can someone clarify me the role of ABC studios on this one and whether Netflix and ABC are bringing things closer regarding their respective Marvel TV shows?

Managed 3 episodes. General impressions are it's ok and has the potential to be great once the story gets going. The cast are pretty great from Jessica and Patsy to the "Mike Colter is Luke Cage". Honestly, when you see him in on the screen it's probably the best piece of casting Marvel has done (and they have a strong track record). And Tennant is going to be just as chilling as I suspected.

The only problem is that the story (so far) has one plot making things slow, while Daredevil could mix in "thug of the week" to keep things busy. It looks like the main story is building up so this maybe won't be an issue for the rest of the season.

I don't really appreciate the "humouress" neighbour's in Jessica's building. It actually feels far too reminiscent of Ennis' "punisher" comic when it was in the dark comedy mould. Speaking of comics - I only read the first two issues of "alias" but the show seems incredibly faithful to it. More so than any other Marvel "based on" properties. No wonder Bendis is pretty happy with it and hope he got paid approppiately (he seems to get credit in the titles so is probably sound). It's not like Bendis isn't doing well as it is but I do feel the comic creators should be rewarded when it's their storyline that is so faithfully adapted.

some spoilery comments.

Hidden Content

I agree that the cast is great.  Carrie Anne Moss has been awesome, too. I loved her facial expression when

Hope asked her that there were other victims than herself and Jessica.

I'm nearly finished with episode four and I'm not even sure I would call it a slow burn, because I don't find anything about it slow.  I think it's pretty damn great.

In episode two

I'm pretty sure the "kid" the were talking about was Hope, because it went right in to her blaming a super on causing  her  parents' death.  It was poorly worded though.

3 episodes in and loving it. I had to stop myself from going further because I'd like to try and take my time with it. Hopefully I can make it last a week like I did with DD. Tenant was great before you even see him.

That bar fight was great with Luke's facial expressions and eye rolling every time he got hit.

Absolutely amazing... Just watched the first episode... It is beautifully creepy and I enjoyed every second of it.

BTW, can someone clarify me the role of ABC studios on this one and whether Netflix and ABC are bringing things closer regarding their respective Marvel TV shows?

It isn't ABC and Netflix. It's Marvel. The Netflix shows are produced by Marvel's television division, which also produces Agents of SHIELD -- Alan Fine, Jeph Loeb, Joe Quesada, etc. We're not dealing with separate entities here.

Archived