The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Yeah, he also has precedent over every other version of him because he's called his earth "earth 1"

Well, the season 1 finale already established that he considers himself the most important person on the planet. It's probably not a big leap for him to go from that to the most important person in the multiverse.

6 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

Well, the season 1 finale already established that he considers himself the most important person on the planet. It's probably not a big leap for him to go from that to the most important person in the multiverse.

Well, at least no one can accuse him of modesty. The Flash truly gives Batman and Tony Stark run for their money. This is a whole new level of egomania.

10 hours ago, Jon AS said:

There's probably a good reason I'm forgetting this but can you remind me what he did in the finale regarding this?

There's probably a good reason I'm forgetting this but can you remind me what he did in the finale regarding this?

I was just referring to the fact that he knowingly risked the entire world in his attempt to save his mother. That wasn't really framed as Barry being so very heroic, more that he had earned the right to be this selfish.

And of course that horribly backfired, Ronnie died to help fix his mistake and Barry got all the credit for saving the city from a catastrophe he caused. That must have gone to his head.

But at this point I don't want to be fair to be Barry.:P

Okay. let's say he felt bad at first, but when he realised that he could get away with anything he concluded that he must be the most important person alive. Either that or he realised that he's the title character in a TV show.

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Jon AS said:

But at this point I don't want to be fair to be Barry.:P

Okay. let's say he felt bad at first, but when he realised that he could get away with anything he concluded that he must be the most important person alive. Either that or he realised that he's the title character in a TV show.

It takes a lot to make me dislike Barry Allen -even a tv version of him-  but the writers did it.

Anyway, I read somewhere that the images glimpsed  in that wormhole thingie (other than Shipp Flash and Supergirl ) were Diggle as Green Arrow, Jonah Hex, a one-armed Ollie, and a Legion flight ring (or just their logo).

Unsurprisingly, this wasn't as entertaining as last week. No revelation of Zoom's identity, either, and next week is a filler episode, although one featuring a freaking sharkman, so I'm not going to complain (yet). I don't believe the payoff will really be worth this drawn-out setup.

And they really just locked up Barry2 and forgot about him for a whole day. Our heroes.

But careful Barry, Iris' new editor is on to you!

So, we're supposed to think masked guy in the cage is another Jay? Is that their way of justifying the character, by having lots of copies of him running around? In that case, Zoom is oviously also a Jay.

Barry could have put something sharp through Zoom's heart while Frost slowed him down, oh well I shouldnt be surprised at Barry's further stupidity.

Welp, im done, inquisitiveness regarding Earth 2 was the only reason I continued watching this show.

And Jay Garrick, Dumbass be thy name

Who was it that called Zoom being Jay?  Hats off.  Assuming the telegraphing actually goes that way.

This show.  Why is Zoom still alive?  He was frozen still for long moments, long enough to have a killing shot delivered by anyone.  Geez.  Barry is the single worst superhero I've ever come across.  

11 hours ago, Jon AS said:

So, we're supposed to think masked guy in the cage is another Jay? Is that their way of justifying the character, by having lots of copies of him running around? In that case, Zoom is oviously also a Jay.

All the Jays have a need for speed! 

Stupid things I'm disappointed no one's mentioned: THREE people in the whole massive fucking building that collapsed. Not one person nearby that needs saving from the huge debris cloud. Just those THREE people. Yea. And what the fuck with the 'Ice Steps'? Can E2 Caitlyn just think in right angles and magically her ice beams turn to stairs? 

And yes, not killing Zoom was driving me nuts. Why isn't he faster than Caitlyn's ice? Why didn't Harrison actually use that gun? There was probably a dozen ways they could have stopped him then, but didn't. Also the giant gap in Harrison's daughter's cell was annoying, she could have fit through that. And Barry can go through walls if he beliiiieeeeves maaaaaan. OK. 

33 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

And Barry can go through walls if he beliiiieeeeves maaaaaan. OK. 

That's always been an issue with Barry: he needs someone to give him a pep talk before he can reach his full potential. They should really just have all his friends record generic ones and put them all in a playlist for him to flip through whenever he needs someone to tell him how awesome he is.

39 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

That's always been an issue with Barry: he needs someone to give him a pep talk before he can reach his full potential. They should really just have all his friends record generic ones and put them all in a playlist for him to flip through whenever he needs someone to tell him how awesome he is.

Giving further creedence to the theory that our "hero" is a narcissistic psychopath.

11 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Giving further creedence to the theory that our "hero" is a narcissistic psychopath.

Hm, "narcissistic psychopath" would also have been a great thread title. Something to keep in mind for the next one, if any of us are still watching at that point.

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm thinking our good Jay ends up travelling back in time and somehow splits into two personas good and bad.

So not only are we redoing the "Barry goes up against another speedster" plot, but we're doing the entire "Barry goes up against a time travelling speedster" from last season? Yeah, I can see the writers doing that without realising that they're repeating themselves.

Archived