Myrddin is getting internet famous (Possible Spoilers)

Guy Kilmore

On 26.5.2016 at 10:15 AM, Myrddin said:

They reached out to me Monday afternoon for comments, while my jaw was still on the floor.

:lol:

Could be worse. As long as Wolf Blitzer and CNN are not reaching out for you to help them locate an airplane you are fine. How's the campaign for the set tour in Croatia commencing? I am not on twitter, so I am actually really asking.

There has been a bunch of help liking and retweeting (I'm assuming by the fine people here :thumbsup: ) but it's not catching on enough to actually get noticed by HBO I'm afraid. I'm still going to Croatia (not related to this or GoT) and will enjoy visiting the country. Right now, we're planning on staying close to Split and Hvar. If a set visit opportunity came up, we'd of course find a way to get down to Dubrovnik. :) 

If you look at the traffic hitting my website as a gauge of my 15 minutes of internet fame, it crested Monday and has been in steady decline ever since. It was a fun week, but yeah, the "fame" is fleeting. 

Well, did you at least get to promote your works as author a bit? Or in simpler words, did the sales spike a bit? 

Those 15 minutes might (have) be(en) the the golden opportunity for some (shameless) self-promotion, you only have to get GRRM to mention you and your works on his blog. :)

9 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You guys make me feel pseudofamous just for knowing you :P

You say that, but when I saw that a "Mandy" had followed me on twitter, I figured it was the famous Mandy from the forum. :lol:  Your posts are always fun to read.

1 hour ago, Notone said:

Well, did you at least get to promote your works as author a bit? Or in simpler words, did the sales spike a bit? 

Those 15 minutes might (have) be(en) the the golden opportunity for some (shameless) self-promotion, you only have to get GRRM to mention you and your works on his blog. :)

It would've been the perfect opportunity for sales spikes! Had I a book out there to be published...

When the news broke that I was "Myrddin", the fantasy author bit was already part of the narrative before I even knew anything was happening. Truth is, I got bogged down while working on my fourth draft a few years ago and kind of just stopped writing. I only just added my website link to my sig this week. I removed it ages ago when I realized how neglected my writing career was.

So, the best thing to come out of this week is a swift kick in my rear to finish the damn thing, get it out there, and then start writing my next one. 

On 5/27/2016 at 3:08 PM, sologdin said:

did y'all jump up to five degrees from kevin bacon now, or something?

We're 2 degrees from sologdin. What else is there in life?

20 hours ago, sologdin said:

the open steppe, a fleet horse, falcon at your wrist, wind in your hair?

Ok, it's one of the five best things in life. ;)

And thanks Jax and Rocksniffer's niece! 

Where is the announced Ellen interview? :)

I have to say this is great... Just be careful, Myrddin... Drugs, alcohol, that celebrity lifestyle can be deadly...

On 5/27/2016 at 0:03 PM, Myrddin said:

There has been a bunch of help liking and retweeting (I'm assuming by the fine people here :thumbsup: ) but it's not catching on enough to actually get noticed by HBO I'm afraid. I'm still going to Croatia (not related to this or GoT) and will enjoy visiting the country. Right now, we're planning on staying close to Split and Hvar. If a set visit opportunity came up, we'd of course find a way to get down to Dubrovnik. :) 

If you look at the traffic hitting my website as a gauge of my 15 minutes of internet fame, it crested Monday and has been in steady decline ever since. It was a fun week, but yeah, the "fame" is fleeting. 

I'm glad you got the chance to enjoy the ride, no internet post will ever be the same.

It almost makes me want to have a thread where we just put every theory in one place and just start throwing wacky stuff out there.

20 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Being me. One motherfucking degree.

:bowdown:

Dr. Pepper: We should just all point to that thread on Twitter, Reddit, wherever, for the next reveal on GoT. :lol:  "Benjen is Coldhands? Right. Hivemind on the forum called it. Not in the books anymore (apparently), but it's nice to see the showrunners had the same ideas."

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol. I just realized I had been confusing Myrddin with @Myshkin.

This happens all the time, and Myrddin selfishly refuses to change his name. You guys have no idea how many arguments I've been drawn into because someone has confused me with him. I no longer even try to explain the error, I just defend Myrddin's positions as if they were my own.

6 hours ago, Myshkin said:

This happens all the time, and Myrddin selfishly refuses to change his name. You guys have no idea how many arguments I've been drawn into because someone has confused me with him. I no longer even try to explain the error, I just defend Myrddin's positions as if they were my own.

Isn't he a Giants fan...?

Archived